Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Turlock Chrysler Jeep Dodge to reopen

After being closed for almost four years, a new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge dealer is going to reopen in Turlock, CA.

Here's a link to the news report - click here

I always thought Turlock CJDR had a great location (they're highly visible from Highway 99) and I was sad to see the dealership close.

I don't know anything about the new dealer, Inder Dosanjh, but it appears he's a self-made man who runs other successful dealerships in California and Hawaii.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I don't know anything about the new dealer, Inder Dosanjh, but it appears he's a self-made man who runs other successful dealerships in California and Hawaii.
I still don't know much about Inder Dosanjh but I noticed he appeared in a full-page ad for Ally Bank in Automotive News.

A quick Google search seems to reveal that the Hawaii Auto Group is comprised of a Cadillac, Buick, GMC and Volkswagen franchises on Oahu. It wasn't clear what franchises are part of the California Car Group.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services
Supporting Sponsor

In CA he owns Buick and GMC of Dublin, Cadillac, Buick and GMC of Fremont, Chevrolet, Cadillac and Kia of Dublin, Chevrolet of Concord and Chevrolet of Fremont.
Moshe @ Performance Brokerage Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Moshe,

Thanks for the update.

It looks like Turlock CJDR will be Mr. Dosanjh's first Chrysler franchise. While I think Northern California is still struggling with some lingering real estate issues I'm betting the Turlock CJDR store will perform very well on a long term basis.

On a side note, I wonder how long the closed Subaru store will remain vacant in the same Auto Mall? On the West Coast I would have guessed there would have been more demand to re-open a closed Subaru dealership then there would to re-open a closed CJDR dealership.