Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
dkaiser

Default Chrysler special tools

We conducting a "self audit" of special tools. My service people tell me that we are about $30k short! Anyone have any advice on where to find special tools? Any dealers selling out?
dkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

dkaiser - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

My first impression is that something about the results of your self-audit seems odd - missing $30,000 in tools is a major shortfall.

In my experience with special tools it seems most of the shortage is due to tools that get lost, broken or end up in a technician's tool box. If your store is missing $30,000 in tools I'd venture it would have to be a lot of high dollar pieces and I'd wonder why your technicians were not complaining about not having the tools before the self-audit.

In answer to your question, there is a secondary market for many Chrysler Special Tools on Ebay - just search for the Special Tool part number.

Concerning a dealership closure, that could be an ideal situation for you but in my experience Chrysler typically offers to pay a percentage of the dealer cost for Special Tools that are less than three years old and many dealers take that option.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Here's a thread you might want to review:
The thread mentions a couple of different people/companies that are in the market where they buy/sell special tools for various OEMs.

I do not have any experience with any of the people/companies mentioned in the thread so caveat emptor.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:40 PM   #4
TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

Default Looking to purchase miller special tools for the jeep liberty crd engine

TO ANY FORMER AND CURRENT CHRYSLER DEALERS:

I am interested in purchasing a complete set of Miller Special Tools for the diesel engine in the 2005 - 2006 Jeep liberty CRD.

There are no less than 4 grey plastic cases - all the same size of about 19" x 16" x 5"; all are labeled as "Miller 9599".

There is also a small black case that contains diesel duel measuring vials. The dimensions are approximately 13" x 10.5" x 2.25" and the label reads "Miller 9545".

If you have these tools and would like to get rid of them, I would be interested in purchasing them.

Please private message me to respond with your complete contact information.
TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote