Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 07-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
btRich

Default Great Job!

Wow! Great job, xDCX! Stumbled across this site in search of other dealerships creating forums (google wasn't my friend in this case, as it didn't return any dealer specific forums).

We're in the process of developing a forum for our store's web site (beavertontoyota.com) which is developed in-house.

We are a Toyota dealer in Beaverton, Oregon.

Nice to find a young dealership related forum that apparantly is growing rapidly.

Way to go!
btRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by btRich View Post
Wow! Great job, xDCX! Stumbled across this site in search of other dealerships creating forums (google wasn't my friend in this case, as it didn't return any dealer specific forums).

We're in the process of developing a forum for our store's web site (beavertontoyota.com) which is developed in-house.

We are a Toyota dealer in Beaverton, Oregon.

Nice to find a young dealership related forum that apparantly is growing rapidly.

Way to go!
Welcome to DealershipForum.com - I'm glad that you found us.

I used to live in Beaverton about 15 years ago and would drive by your store all of the time.

The forum is still pretty new and it has a heavy Chrysler following given my background. I would love to have an increased Toyota presence - if you have any interest in become a Moderator for the Toyota/Scion section just send me a Private Message.

Thanks again for registering and I hope that you'll become a regular contributor.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
btRich

It isn't hard to notice the predominate Chrysler presense of this board. But that's OK, I've got a '69 Charger sitting in the garage. I also do some Warranty Administration at another metro Dodge dealer, who, BTW, recently sold a new Challenger - Awesome car!!! Too bad it's about 2 years too late, in my opinion, based on the economy. Maybe they can upgrade the powertrain to all-electic like the Tesla Roadster - now that would be something to talk about - good idea for another topic
Old 07-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
It isn't hard to notice the predominate Chrysler presense of this board. But that's OK, I've got a '69 Charger sitting in the garage. I also do some Warranty Administration at another metro Dodge dealer, who, BTW, recently sold a new Challenger - Awesome car!!! Too bad it's about 2 years too late, in my opinion, based on the economy. Maybe they can upgrade the powertrain to all-electic like the Tesla Roadster - now that would be something to talk about - good idea for another topic
When I first started the site I tried to be "all things to all people" but there was no way that I could keep current with all of the different manufacturers. I decided that I would focus my attention on the Chrysler Dealers and then grow the site from there.

Concerning the Challenger - I agree. It's a fantastic car but it could not have been launched at a worse time.

Concerning Tesla, it's ironic that the company just hired a former Chrysler VP this past week. From what I've read the company is in need of leadership and direction.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
btRich

I hope Tesla gets their act together.

In my opinion, we need innovative car companies like Tesla to be successful to accelerate development of alternative powered vehicles.

Imagine driving across the US in an electic car where the battery is constantly being charged from solar panels and internal wind turbines. You'd never have to stop to refuel! I can hear my wife now on one of our cross-country trips, "Aren't we EVER going to stop!"
Old 07-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I hope Tesla gets their act together.

In my opinion, we need innovative car companies like Tesla to be successful to accelerate development of alternative powered vehicles.

Imagine driving across the US in an electic car where the battery is constantly being charged from solar panels and internal wind turbines. You'd never have to stop to refuel! I can hear my wife now on one of our cross-country trips, "Aren't we EVER going to stop!"
It will definitely be interesting to see what the future brings.

I'm not sure that the electrical grid in America is ready for wide spread use of electric vehicles or "plug-in" hybrids.

Honda's Hydrogen car seems interesting but most experts seem to think that it would never reach the mass-market because it would be too expensive to build and the would be too much fear regarding the fuel.

Time will tell.....
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
btRich

I hear a lot of concern about how recharging cars will stress the grid, but if you think about it, I'm not sure how much of an impact it will have as not everyone will buy an electric car all at once.

I don't know what the specs are, but I don't think recharging the batteries draws a whole lot of power, especially if they are set to slow charge overnight - I would think they certainly would use less power than a home A/C.

I feel blessed to live in the Northwest where most of our power is hydro - and apparently lots of wind farms are coming online.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I hear a lot of concern about how recharging cars will stress the grid, but if you think about it, I'm not sure how much of an impact it will have as not everyone will buy an electric car all at once.

I don't know what the specs are, but I don't think recharging the batteries draws a whole lot of power, especially if they are set to slow charge overnight - I would think they certainly would use less power than a home A/C.

I feel blessed to live in the Northwest where most of our power is hydro - and apparently lots of wind farms are coming online.
I was in my Jeep driving last night and was listening to CNBC on satellite radio - they spent about 20 minutes talking about wind power. Apparently Texas is going to issue a ruling which may make it easier for wind producers to tap into the grid.

Who knows, maybe wind is the new oil?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
SHACOS
Super Moderator

If you've ever been in Abilene, TX, you'll see where the future is for power. They have one of the biggest wind power farms in the world.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #10
dafuzz1956

You should drive upto Wisconsin, we have already started to wind farms poping up in our area around the Fox Valley and Lake Winnebago areas.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote