Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
ssdd

Default serious question for the board

I will be going to the SEBC Jim Press Meeting on wed. There is supposed to be a Q&A session after the meeting. what do you guys think are some of the best questions to ask this guy? I was thinking about the "are you sending us new window stickers for all the cars that don't say includes full tank of fuel" but I am sure you guys can do better...
Your thoughts?
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
dafuzz1956

Try this one ARE YOU FREEKING CRAZY ? or WHAT FREEKING PLANET DO YOU IDIOTS LIVE ON ?

I will be unable to attend but you can use my questions.
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
ssdd

I agree 100%
They don't live on planet dealer, that is for sure...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Great topic and a generous offer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
I will be going to the SEBC Jim Press Meeting on wed. There is supposed to be a Q&A session after the meeting. what do you guys think are some of the best questions to ask this guy? I was thinking about the "are you sending us new window stickers for all the cars that don't say includes full tank of fuel" but I am sure you guys can do better...
Your thoughts?
Thanks for a great topic and a generous offer.

Let me think about this over my first cup of coffee and they I'll formulate some thoughts. The tough part is we all know that Press won't be able to answer the question we're most concerned about - "What's the future for Chrysler."

Ultimately, only Cerberus knows what the master plan is.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
CL Pgh

Think'n here as well SD...

Will post back!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Default Why did Nissan pass on this deal?

I know that Press won't be able to answer it, but it would be interesting to see his reaction to this question.

"If Cerberus is willing to give Fiat a 54% controlling interest in Chrysler for a total cash outlay of $25 Million, why did Nissan pass on this deal?"

I can't get this question out of my head. I keep thinking that Carlos Ghosn is a brilliant man, he wants a larger footprint in North America and he already has agreements with Chrysler concerning the Dodge Hornet and the Nissan Titan. Why didn't he take this deal?

I'm still working on some other questions, but that's the one I'd really like to know the answer to.

There has to be a reason Nissan walked.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
ssdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I know that Press won't be able to answer it, but it would be interesting to see his reaction to this question.

"If Cerberus is willing to give Fiat a 54% controlling interest in Chrysler for a total cash outlay of $25 Million, why did Nissan pass on this deal?"

I can't get this question out of my head. I keep thinking that Carlos Ghosn is a brilliant man, he wants a larger footprint in North America and he already has agreements with Chrysler concerning the Dodge Hornet and the Nissan Titan. Why didn't he take this deal?

I'm still working on some other questions, but that's the one I'd really like to know the answer to.

There has to be a reason Nissan walked.
good one, I have it bookmarked in my head...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
CL Pgh

#1. Ask Landry what are the “surcharges” that will be eliminated to help the dealers… as he mentioned in the below link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
On a final note, in the news report Landry states that part of the margin squeeze will be softened by the elimination of a "surcharge." Any idea what "surcharge" is he's talking about?

Here's a link to the news report: http://www.freep.com/article/2009012...ts+for+dealers
#2. What ADDITIONAL concessions may lay on the near horizon for CJD dealers??? Where will we get pinched next?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
ssdd

o.k. I am making a list...

the freep.cpm article says the first meeting is in NY. any dealers on here from new york that may have attended that meeting? If so feed back will be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Well the most important topics involve the Fiat deal, how quick future product will get here and how it will be branded. (But we know they're going to address that in their presentation.)

In light of that, I guess it would be nice to hear them verify the following:
  • "Project Genesis" is on hold
  • The Business Centers will remain intact and fully staffed
  • They plan to add 75 District Managers to re-staff their field force
  • They are committed to reducing Factory-to-Dealer expenses
Beyond that, most of the questions that I can think of would be beyond their scope to answer - they're all Cerberus questions.

Thanks again for starting this thread and hopefully we'll hear from some other members who have already attended the Press/Landry meeting.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
MUAlum92

I would like someone to ask if the end result of the coupon program is two-tier pricing and if they agree that it is, why is that ok?
MUAlum92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
squish

maybe you could ask them what makes a "select" chrysler dealer for the fiat products.
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #13
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
maybe you could ask them what makes a "select" chrysler dealer for the fiat products.
Me likey this one! What parameters will exist to become a Fiat retailer!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #14
ssdd

I like the last one too!
I have them all on the list. I will try to post up what I learn wed after the meeting. I doubt I will get that much mic time, and if I did, I bet the guys with the black suits would haul my ass out of the joint...
Maybe somebody from the NY meeting will post up...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
I like the last one too!
I have them all on the list. I will try to post up what I learn wed after the meeting. I doubt I will get that much mic time, and if I did, I bet the guys with the black suits would haul my ass out of the joint...
Maybe somebody from the NY meeting will post up...
It will be interesting to see how much about the Fiat distribution plan they cover in their presentation. I had originally thought that Chrysler would re-badge certain Fiat models, build them in the U.S. and sell them through 100% of the existing C/J/D Dealer Network.

Now we're hearing about "select" C/J/D Dealers and the fact that Fiat wants to re-establish their brand in the U.S.