Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 02-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #61
X-BPG

I hadn't seen the Jon Stewart clip in post #56 until now. That made me tear up, then rage crept in. Gutless #$%@# couldn't tell me in person that they decided to flush my business down the drain for me.

That day, without a doubt, the toughest job I ever had- telling my excellent dealership crew that due to no fault of their own, they were going to be unemployed. Thankfully, they all were only temporarily out of work, and have successfully forged ahead.
X-BPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #62
steve_biegler

Welcome back to The Forum! 3 posts in 8 years sure makes me look like a blabbermouth.

Don't feel bad I have known about that clip since it came out and I get the same emotions to this day. Unless you've lived through it you won't understand. All I can say is, even though it had been over a decade, stay strong.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #63
Yamaholic

Default Tesla...

Im probably going stir up the hornets nest here...but here goes.
I searched the fourm for Tesla info and see very little on this company the last few years here.
Whats everyones take on the company now since they have survived/disrupted and grown.
Looks like they are going to be around for the foreseable future.
Yamaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #64
steve_biegler

Welcome back!

The Forum was very active a decade ago when the Chrysler and GM bankruptcy was going on. Many of the members were effected by the BK, me included.

I personally have no problem with Tesla or their way of selling cars. I'm not convinced electric is the way of the future with all the hurdles in front of them....Range....Charge time.....charging station availability, to name a few.

Now stock price I wonder about. If any of the dealers on the forum would walk into a bank and tell them that we wanted to start a dealership that wouldn't turn a profit for................A DECADE +........I doubt we'd have much luck. Mr. Musk is lucky he made his billions before he got into the car business.

Now on his sales philosophy. He is putting his, or should I say, his stockholders, money up to create a sales location. This is NOT a franchise like GM, Ford, Chrysler and everybody else. Franchise owners put up brick and mortar, hired employees, bought inventory and put up with many ridiculous requirements from the factories for years sometime decades, 8 decades for my families dealership. So franchise laws were enacted to protect that investment, nothing more! If the manufacturer could come in and sell product it would put the dealers at a huge disadvantage.

To get a feel for this group I suggest you go back and read some prior threads. Lots of really smart guys here. I hope you hang around, The Forum has gotten quiet of late.

On a side note. How's Biz up in Canada?

Last edited by steve_biegler; 01-15-2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:24 AM   #65
steve_biegler

Well guys.....Am I the last one left?
Old 02-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #66
flstsphil

No. Just been responding through the Dealerlaw section.
flstsphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #67
srt

No you are not.
srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #68
57years

No, but so involved with non car business and my farm, i can hardly find the time to sit at a computer screen for leisure. Always good to read the comments here.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:15 AM   #69
steve_biegler

Just a bump
Old 04-20-2021, 05:16 AM   #70
57years

Hi Steve. Hope you and all the old forum buddies are well. Since the flu has been around, I have traveled to 20 states and had a ball. Trying to remain optimistic about our homeland, hard to do with such a drumbeat of evil being broadcast daily. I pray daily (and resultingly find prayers unanswered) for some positive news, yet it seems the only great things left are the lick of my dog and the giggle of a child. God, or Nature’s god, bless us all and give us the grace to always do the “right” thing. Mask on or mask off, we should smile! Bud
Old 04-20-2021, 06:48 AM   #71
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
Hi Steve. Hope you and all the old forum buddies are well. Since the flu has been around, I have traveled to 20 states and had a ball. Trying to remain optimistic about our homeland, hard to do with such a drumbeat of evil being broadcast daily. I pray daily (and resultingly find prayers unanswered) for some positive news, yet it seems the only great things left are the lick of my dog and the giggle of a child. God, or Nature’s god, bless us all and give us the grace to always do the “right” thing. Mask on or mask off, we should smile! Bud
Hi Bud! I am well. Sounds like you have had quite an adventure in the last year. Good for you! I continue to pray as well, with the same outcome as you've seen. Let's continue to hope and pray. 2 shop cats here and they are sometimes the nicest people I see all day! Animals are great stress relievers. I agree...The RIGHT thing is always the right thing to do. I sure do miss all the "Forum Friends". Some of us are hanging in there, but not many.

Keep Smiling!!

Steve.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:50 AM   #72
possum

Still here, still check in from time to time.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #73
steve_biegler

Well.....Looks like we are not dead yet! Keep praying guys.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:00 AM   #74
57years

Steve, since I read not the auto related articles, to what are you referring? Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-20-2021, 07:26 AM   #75
steve_biegler

I received an email from the attorney's saying that we are on the list of cases for the supreme court to look at. As I read it I took away that chances are very good we will get a hearing. We should know in the next few weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well!