Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Jim Press - Looking for a job but doesn't remember much about OLDCO selection process

I had to smile when I read the story in Automotive News indicating that Jim Press is looking for work but doesn't understand why any OLDCO dealers would want to hear his testimony about Chrysler's dealer selection process.

Not surprisingly, Press states that he never saw the final OLDCO list and he wasn't involved in selecting individual dealers. Here's a quote from the AN story - "I don't know what value I'd have," Press said. "I never even saw the final list. I don't know anything about the specific dealer actions. I couldn't really add anything to that. I wasn't involved in individual dealer actions."

Isn't this the same guy who said he'd "never forget" the dealers who refused to take extra wholesale units?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
The StraightShooter

These guys take being a scumbag to a whole new level. So your gonna tell me that the
President of Sales & Marketing Operations of Chrysler LLC didn't know anything about the final list? I'd love to See what Tengaman or Grady would have to say about that under cross.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Default Arrigo has Letter of Intent to replace OLDCO Dealer

The same story in AN reported that Jim Arrigo has a Letter of Intent from Chrysler to replace an OLDCO dealer. The OLDCO dealer indicates that Arrigo has agreed not to exercise his rights under the LOI until the OLDCO dealer completes arbitration.

It's hard for me to comment because I don't know the details, but on some level doesn't it seem wrong National Dealer Council Member would get a LOI from Chrysler to replace an OLDCO store?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
possum

Like the Oldco Dealer really has a chance !

This pie is cooked, and cooling in the window.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Txflyer

Sounds like Toyota could use Jim Press back.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
debjay

I do know something about the Arrigo deal. All of the dealers, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge, were wiped out between West Palm Beach and Vero Beach (100 miles). Somehow we all knew that was for Arrigo's ultimate benefit, since he has one of his stores in West Palm Beach. I always knew that Arrigo would be given that area.
debjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjay View Post
I do know something about the Arrigo deal. All of the dealers, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge, were wiped out between West Palm Beach and Vero Beach (100 miles). Somehow we all knew that was for Arrigo's ultimate benefit, since he has one of his stores in West Palm Beach. I always knew that Arrigo would be given that area.
I can't remember who said it, but it was either Eddy or Arrigo who commented on a Conference Call right after Chrysler announced their bankruptcy that "someday we'll look back at this and realize it was a good thing."
Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
blauto

I talked to CHuck Eddy, he said all the right things to me. ANd then everything went exactly the other way in his favor. I believe he inherited a few territories in his area of Youngstown, Ohio.
THen there was Stephen Wade, who resigned from the NADA negotiating panel to avoid a conflict of interest AFTER he was given all the CHrysler stores from south of Salt LAke City to Las Vegas.
blauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
Ralph

Crooks, all of them...the dealer council guys cheering with Press on the phone...and well...we all know Press too. Ugh, sick to my stomach with these guys.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #10
ssdd

Guys, this link is about the Fannie & Freddie debacle, if this thing is half as bad as these guys say, can you imagine what kind BS went on with the GM and Chrysler BK?

http://www.thinkbigworksmall.com/myp.../23088/1559063
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
Guys, this link is about the Fannie & Freddie debacle, if this thing is half as bad as these guys say, can you imagine what kind BS went on with the GM and Chrysler BK?

http://www.thinkbigworksmall.com/myp.../23088/1559063
I just watched that video - it really make me angry how big government has become and how politically tainted some of their decisions are.

Concerning GM and Chrysler, I'm sure the process is just as disgusting and politically tainted. From day one it was clear that all Washington D.C. really cared about was saving UAW jobs - the dealers were just an afterthought.

I still don't understand why the Task Force decided to kill-off Chrysler Financial - my assumption has always been it was to punish Cerberus.