PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks

littleman
07-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Anyone out there that can give me some pointers on how to best input your inventory in Quickbooks would be much appreciated. I am such a newbie to the program.

possum
07-17-2011, 07:07 PM
We use, and love Quickbooks. Call us a call!!

XDCX
07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
We use, and love Quickbooks. Call us a call!!

Props for helping out a fellow dealer and in this case a close neighbor. :)

I did some searching on Google and noticed there were some vendors that offered to tailor Quickbooks for a dealership setting but it wasn't clear exactly what they did for the money they charged.

On a different note, I'm happy to hear littleman is getting his operation set-up - that's great news.

littleman
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks XDCX. I am still in search for a independent that uses Quickbooks that inventories their vehicles. Calling QB for support is a joke

XDCX
07-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks XDCX. I am still in search for a independent that uses Quickbooks that inventories their vehicles. Calling QB for support is a joke

Here's an old thread I found about setting up QuickBooks for an Auto Dealership on Intuit's forum - click here (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:H94MXzddQTcJ:community.intuit.com/posts/setting-up-used-car-dealership-in-qb-6+dealerships+using+quickbooks&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com)

I don't know if it will be helpful but at least the thread discusses the difference between treating vehicles as assets or inventory and several members share their methodology.