Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Northwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Default Lithia Salesperson Shot During Test Drive

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...8/NEWS/2280325

Pretty crazy. Maybe background checks should be done on the customers along with the employees.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
CL Pgh

That is a shame!!! I don't have any rookies and everyone knows photocopies of valid drivers license are required prior to ANY test drive. 2 maybe 3 times a year customers get steamed we require DL copies... sometimes they leave mad... but we NEVER waiver from that rule! Article doesn't mention what happened here... but either way, it is a shame and thank God he didn't get killed!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I know for a fact that licenses are required for test drives at Lithia. Not sure if that would have made any difference here though.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Granch

we require a license, but we let most everybody go it alone.
Granch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

SHACOS - Thanks for starting the thread.

While it's unfortunate the salesperson got shot it's great to hear that the wound is not life threatening and they caught the guy who shot him.

It's pretty creepy that the suspect ordered the salesperson to get in the trunk of the car. It was smart the salesperson decided to resist since the situation probably would have gotten a lot worse if he got in the truck and was then driven to some remote location.

This is a great reminder about the hazards of working with the public and would make for a good topic at a sales meeting.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
79LilRedExpress

Years ago when I was working as a salesman, the dealership's insurance company came to the store for their yearly inspection and asked me what I would do if someone tried to steal a car. I told him that I would ask the thief if he had enough gas money! And I still feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
SHACOS - Thanks for starting the thread.

While it's unfortunate the salesperson got shot it's great to hear that the wound is not life threatening and they caught the guy who shot him.

It's pretty creepy that the suspect ordered the salesperson to get in the trunk of the car. It was smart the salesperson decided to resist since the situation probably would have gotten a lot worse if he got in the truck and was then driven to some remote location.

This is a great reminder about the hazards of working with the public and would make for a good topic at a sales meeting.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
Years ago when I was working as a salesman, the dealership's insurance company came to the store for their yearly inspection and asked me what I would do if someone tried to steal a car. I told him that I would ask the thief if he had enough gas money! And I still feel the same way.
That's a great story.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote