Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 01-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
The 200 is moving to Mexico I believe, so Toluca would be my guess. That production would probably surpass or at least equal Journey and Fiat 500 together.
Thanks for the update - that would make sense.

Toluca has been a good plant for Chrysler in the past and given the lower labor prices in Mexico it makes sense they keep the plant open.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #17
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
It was a good draw. On the main floor they had two Pacificas that were locked up along with a spokesmodel. That area was packed.

In an upstairs area they had a "Pacifica Play Area" where you could play around with the new van. I am excited for the launch this summer.
Thanks for the update - it's good to hear that the Pacifica was drawing traffic and FCA had vehicles available that the Auto Show attendees could actually look over.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #18
mryan55

Update from the Chicago Auto Show -- the Pacifica had a similar but smaller "Pacifica Discovery Zone" set up in Chicago.

There was much less activity in the Chrysler area in Chicago than Detroit, so I did have a chance to play with the DVD/VES system that will be used in the Pacifica. A pretty slick two-screen setup, built around the design of the seatbacks so that it can fold down relatively flush.

This was the first time I was really able to play around with the interior. Pretty nice, but I do have a few concerns -- so it will be interesting to see how they play out. A lot of the plastic around the 8.4" touch screen is very, very shiny. I think it will be susceptible to scratches and wear, but we will see. Overall the effect is quite nice, but the front seat seems a little small -- we will see.

At least the Pacifica enters a shrinking minivan segment, so there will be less players to complete with. Especially with the Nissan Quest and Kia Sedona losing a lot of the traction they gained in the last decade or so.

I think I read that the minivan segment is now only half the size it was it 10 years ago.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #19
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Update from the Chicago Auto Show -- the Pacifica had a similar but smaller "Pacifica Discovery Zone" set up in Chicago.

There was much less activity in the Chrysler area in Chicago than Detroit, so I did have a chance to play with the DVD/VES system that will be used in the Pacifica. A pretty slick two-screen setup, built around the design of the seatbacks so that it can fold down relatively flush.

This was the first time I was really able to play around with the interior. Pretty nice, but I do have a few concerns -- so it will be interesting to see how they play out. A lot of the plastic around the 8.4" touch screen is very, very shiny. I think it will be susceptible to scratches and wear, but we will see. Overall the effect is quite nice, but the front seat seems a little small -- we will see.

At least the Pacifica enters a shrinking minivan segment, so there will be less players to complete with. Especially with the Nissan Quest and Kia Sedona losing a lot of the traction they gained in the last decade or so.

I think I read that the minivan segment is now only half the size it was it 10 years ago.
Excellent - thanks for the update.

It's good to hear that FCA had the Pacifica available for people to sit in and examine. I know when I go to car shows it's frustrating if the future production cars are staged behind a rope barricade.

I wonder how the launch of the Pacifica will impact the existing dealer inventories of Chrysler/Dodge minivans? Is the new Pacifica so good that people who are in the market today will want to wait for the new vehicle, or will FCA use pricing and incentives to reward the dealers who stepped up and ordered a deep inventory of the old minivan?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #20
mryan55

I think that we will see a limited lease program at the launch, and although the code guides with firm pricing for the 2017 Pacifica I am sure that pricing will increased quite substantially for the same equipment as the outgoing Town and Country.

Unless the plans have changed, the current Dodge Grand Caravan will stick around to fill the low-end of the minivan segment. I agree with this plan, as it is wouldn't make much sense to concede market share in the under-$30k segment.

I have a few friends and family who have pushed forwarded their van purchase to get a Town and Country while the inventory is still pretty big. Most of these folks are lease customers, so it makes sense to get a 2016 while they are still out there in volume.

I sold off about 25 of my vans to other stores over the last month... leaves me with a 90-120 day supply, which should overlap quite nicely with the arrival of the first pre-spec units.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #21
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I think that we will see a limited lease program at the launch, and although the code guides with firm pricing for the 2017 Pacifica I am sure that pricing will increased quite substantially for the same equipment as the outgoing Town and Country.

Unless the plans have changed, the current Dodge Grand Caravan will stick around to fill the low-end of the minivan segment. I agree with this plan, as it is wouldn't make much sense to concede market share in the under-$30k segment.

I have a few friends and family who have pushed forwarded their van purchase to get a Town and Country while the inventory is still pretty big. Most of these folks are lease customers, so it makes sense to get a 2016 while they are still out there in volume.

I sold off about 25 of my vans to other stores over the last month... leaves me with a 90-120 day supply, which should overlap quite nicely with the arrival of the first pre-spec units.
Thanks for the update.

I had forgotten that the existing Grand Caravan will remain for the near future. Like you, I think that's a great idea and hopefully FCA will price the vehicle (or offer a package of incentives) that will allow the dealers to sell the vehicle in volume and have something to offer for customers who are buried in their trade.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:34 PM   #22
mryan55

FCA has already been offering a pretty good incentive package on the Grand Caravan and, for that matter, the outgoing Town and Country.

Right now in the Great Lakes BC the Grand Caravan AVP carries $3,000 rebate with Chrysler Capital bonus cash, $3,500 on SE and up trim level. Not bad when the AVP starts at about $23,000.

Town and Country has up to $4,500 right now, as well as a pretty good lease program. At least this should put us in a good position to be out of 2016s about the same time as the Pacificas arrive.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #23
mryan55

Pacifica update: First units are on the ground in the Great Lakes BC and filtering further away from Windsor as this weeks goes on.

Incentives were launched on April 4. Here in the GLBC the retail stack can get up to $2,000 ($500 customer cash, $500 Chrysler Capital bonus, $1,000 owner loyalty). Not a bad start if you measure the quality of the launch by the incentive amount.

Lease remains heavily on remaining Town and Country models, but the current lease on Pacifica is better than a standard rate lease by a bit.

I don't have my first on the ground yet but should this week if everything goes to plan. Pacifica training tour hits Detroit next week, and the GLBC is doing a 'drive away' event the following week. Will be interesting to see how it is received.

Biggest concern for me is the current entry point for DVD is ~$45k MSRP with a Limited. This is for a dual DVD UConnect Theater option.

There will be a MOPAR DVD offering for lower trims at a later point (available for factory or dealer install) but it is all TBA at this point.