Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 04-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
CL Pgh

Default Traffic Report

Anybody have any???

CJD dealers in the Burgh... most report little to no traffic for the month.

I know it's early in the month but things around here a very quiet.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Granch

Compared to last Saturday, it's a morgue here..

I think this is the first Saturday I can remember eating lunch uninterrupted...
Granch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Kitfox

Default Web Page

I need some help. I have switched our Web Site from one that I really liked (AutoRevo)to the Chrysler sponsered Dealer.com. I have found it to be VERY slow to load and "clumsy" to move through. They keep telling me it's my computer, my perception, my..., but I hear the same from others. I would like to know how you find it. Thanks - Kitfox
Kitfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
scooter

Way quite out here on the west coast....we have had the good fortune or our Governor Arnold adding 1% to our sales tax state wide and double some of the DMV fees on April 1 (unfortunately it was not a April Fools joke),so this double whammy has put a damper on vehicle sales....they don't want to cancle any programs that could affect the illegal alien problem we have out here instead they want to add more taxes to the ones that did not cause our huge budget crisis out here, yep we have some great leadership out here......
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
I have found it to be VERY slow to load and "clumsy" to move through. They keep telling me it's my computer, my perception, my..., but I hear the same from others. I would like to know how you find it. Thanks - Kitfox
Dealer.com site has a ton of tools... but man is it slow!!! I've complained enough around here, reps won't even discuss it with me anymore. I don't know if you've done this but go to any of the 3 main sites (CDJ) and put in a zip code to locate dealerships... and wait. It really is a shame.

Oh yeah... It's Not Your Computer!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
CarguyCO

8 out yesterday.....working on number 8 today....most used.

I sold my first Grand Caravan in 9 months today...can you believe they were at 4 other dealers and nobody mentioned lifetime warranty? Wow!

We ended up around 150 with 50 new last month and this month starting out about the same...

I did get to use the line "The feds are backing the warranty sir" today to my customer...

All in all we cannot complain, hope it picks up for those others that are slow...
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I need some help. I have switched our Web Site from one that I really liked (AutoRevo)to the Chrysler sponsered Dealer.com. I have found it to be VERY slow to load and "clumsy" to move through. They keep telling me it's my computer, my perception, my..., but I hear the same from others. I would like to know how you find it. Thanks - Kitfox
Here's a link to a thread that was started shortly after the switch to the Dealer.com websites: Click here

Bottom line, you're not alone. There were several other dealers who commented that the new sites were slow and more of a step backward than forward.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyCO View Post
8 out yesterday.....working on number 8 today....most used.

I sold my first Grand Caravan in 9 months today...can you believe they were at 4 other dealers and nobody mentioned lifetime warranty? Wow!

We ended up around 150 with 50 new last month and this month starting out about the same...

I did get to use the line "The feds are backing the warranty sir" today to my customer...

All in all we cannot complain, hope it picks up for those others that are slow...
Great post - I'm pleased to hear your sales volumes remain strong.

I smiled when I read about your customer who went to four different dealerships and never heard anything about the Lifetime Warranty. I think that happens a lot when sales are down - salespeople become frustrated and the quality of their presentation suffers.

Concerning your recent sales, do you attribute the results more to floor traffic or closing ratios?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
CarguyCO

closing ratios are way down in fact....I am usually 1 of 3 believe it or not..mostly due to internet I think and perhaps because of me??

I am at 1 of 5 right now for the last 6 weeks or so with rare be-backs as opposed to my ratio being at 1 of 5 for awhile and then 5 be-backs in a row...know what I mean?

floor traffic is up the last 2 weeks was wayyy down most of march. We have aggressive pricing and a high pack....that contributes to our numbers being up....

thanks
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyCO View Post
floor traffic is up the last 2 weeks was wayyy down most of march. We have aggressive pricing and a high pack....that contributes to our numbers being up....
Thanks for the update - it's great to hear your traffic has been up for the past two weeks. That seems to be different then what most Chrysler dealers are experiencing.

Concerning the be-back customers, I'm convinced that's one of the primary reasons so many new salespeople get frustrated and quit selling cars. It seems like some of the nicest people in the world don't have an issue with lying to a car salesperson. They'll tell you what you want to hear and then you never see them again.

I remember years ago a salty old GM told me "the lairs are buyers" - there's a lot of truth in those words.

Thanks again for the update and I hope your month continues to be strong.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
Kitfox

Default Web Page

I have finaly spoken to someone at Dealer.Com that is willing to listen to the fact that the Chrysler sites are way too slow. They would like as much input as possible so please give me your opinions along with any details that you would like them to know. Kitfox
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I have finaly spoken to someone at Dealer.Com that is willing to listen to the fact that the Chrysler sites are way too slow. They would like as much input as possible so please give me your opinions along with any details that you would like them to know. Kitfox
Kitfox - That's awesome, thanks for the information. :thumbsup_old:

I'll start a new thread concerning the Dealer.com websites and I'll include it as one of the items on my Blast FAX that I'll send to the Chrysler dealers this week.

To the extent that Dealer.com is interested in improving their service, that's a good thing. I just hope they're ready for some criticism.....
Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
ssdd

nonexsistant in the north ga area...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #14
Txflyer

Rural North Texas is dead'er than a hammer.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #15
Kitfox

Default Web Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Kitfox - That's awesome, thanks for the information. :thumbsup_old:

I'll start a new thread concerning the Dealer.com websites and I'll include it as one of the items on my Blast FAX that I'll send to the Chrysler dealers this week.

To the extent that Dealer.com is interested in improving their service, that's a good thing. I just hope they're ready for some criticism.....
Thanks, I have sent them preliminary comments with as much specifics as I can and let them know more would be comming. They either have to get it fixed or I'm converting back to my previous provider