Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #31
goodone414

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
You got it... Brady. Manning, believe it or not, actually has a losing record during play-offs. I think he's 6 & 7... in that area. ???
Cool, I had no idea Manning had a losing record for the playoffs. Interesting. Being from NC and a Panthers fan I didn't think it was Jake. I believe he actually has more playoff interceptions than career passing yards after the Cardinal game.
goodone414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #32
dafuzz1956

Oh great knower of FOOTBALL where does that FAVRE guy fall in that list ?
dafuzz1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuzz1956 View Post
Oh great knower of FOOTBALL where does that FAVRE guy fall in that list ?

Who????????

EDIT: 12 & 10 ... but here's a shocker (ehhh, not really) ... Favre threw 28 interceptions in 22 playoff games!

Last edited by CL Pgh; 01-22-2009 at 04:02 PM.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Who????????
Oh great, now we're going to have our first Civil War on DealershipForum.

Next you're going to tell him that cheese is the primary cause of heart failure.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 AM   #35
dafuzz1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post

Next you're going to tell him that cheese is the primary cause of heart failure.
Why would you say that ?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #36
CL Pgh

My guess... just an attempt at a little trash talk... which I have no problem with.

However, Farve would not be one I'd talk trash on! Love the guy! A bit of an eccentric and certainly doesn't have the great stats in the 2nd half of his carrier... but none the less... he's a player who leaves it all on the field. Even at his age he'll still stand in there and take a hard shot just for a chance at completing the pass (and a few interceptions) . Lets hear-it for the Old Guys!!!!

As for cheese... I love that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post

Quote:
Why would you say that ?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #37
dafuzz1956

Alot of the guys up here are pulling for the CARDS because of that NFC VS AFC thing. but I am standing on firm ground with the STEEL CURTAIN.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #38
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Why would you say that ?
I thought he was taking a shot a Farve just to get you fired up.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #39
dafuzz1956

No way, CL Pgh is cool and he would not take a shot at Brett, that would not be American !
Old 01-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #40
Miles

I was totally looking for some serious stuff to read and maybe contribute, and I ended up here instead...... OK, in my defense, I've been at work all day and now that I'm finally home, who wants to think about work, right?

Onwards..... I think that me and CL Pgh are going to get along juuuussssssst fine.

Born and raised in Greensboro, NC. Pittsburgh Steeler fan from the time I was old enough to know what football is. I have never once set foot in the state....Go figure. For whatever reason though, I am a Steeler fan through and through, and didn't disown them through the O'Donnel / Slash years. *YUCK*

The Panthers are my #2 team, but had it been a Carolina / Pittsburgh Super Bowl, this kid would have been pulling for my Steelers.

Great story about Warner, he's a class act and it IS nice to see something positive being written instead of all the doom and gloom.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #41
CL Pgh

We're in good company around here... plenty of Steeler support! Then again... the phrase "Steeler Nation" (taking over one stadium at a time) didn't happen by accident!

Here's a couple peice's for your entertainment.

And this one for after Sunday's win.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #42
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
We're in good company around here... plenty of Steeler support! Then again... the phrase "Steeler Nation" (taking over one stadium at a time) didn't happen by accident!
That's awesome - I love the Steeler Brau Six Pack.

The Steelers do seem to have a lot of support - I hope that it turns out to be a great game.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #43
dafuzz1956

Now if only a beer house could put beer in bottles like that, I know who would have one of the first, CL Pgh
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #44
JimD
Supporting Sponsor

Quote:
I am so thankful to read that article about Kurt Warner, it is so inspiring to read something of that quality vs the other normal junk we read about some of the NFL PLAYERS.

goodone414 you are a goodone

thx
Warner actually got started with the Iowa Barnstormers in the Arena League. (I'm an IA native, is why I know that.) And yes, the stock-boy/check-out girl story is absolutely 100% accurate. A more humble "super star", you are not likely to ever encounter.

When he threw that bad ball earlier this season that got A Boldin clocked and his jaw busted, Kurt almost retired out of guilt. THAT, is the kind of guy he really is. And even though I'll be rooting for Pitts, I won't feel bad at all if the Cards do win it.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #45
Snowrider

So, on all of my emails for the past 2 weeks I've had a sig line, "Go Steelers".

My boss sends me back, "Go Curt Warner". I had to correct it for him with a little editing so it read, "Go Ben Roethlisberger".

To add insult to injury, he asked me if that was a new entree on the Applebees menu?

At the moment, my wife is baking him a cake for tomorrows GM meeting that will be decorated in Black and Gold. He will be getting his own Terrible Towel and we got him a beautiful black & gold long sleeve t-shirt that he can wear on game day.

I love my owner.
Snowrider is offline   Reply With Quote