Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 06-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #46
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnstns View Post
So, yesterday on my off day, I spent 6 hours in a Mini Store looking at Countryman's for my wife, who joined me about 4 hours in. Poor sales lady was supposed to be off at 3:30 and we kept her there until 8:30. Put a deposit down and when we get home, my wife says she doesn't think she wants it. I am so glad I never had to sell her a car.
If they don't keep your deposit please give the sales lady a tip. And as a side note WHY does it take 6 hours to buy a car?????????
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #47
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslersrt8 View Post
I know the service manage at the store we got our Honda at. He laughs under his breath at the people who buy Odyssey minivans. No comparison to Town & Country. The people put up with Honda's quirks because of resale. They require more maintenance and issues that would have Chrysler owners screaming are not given second thoughts by Honda owners. I know a store that installs all types of handicap controls on vans. They stock Honda and Toyotas but will special order Chrysler vans. When asked why, the rep said they get more
for Honda and Toyota. His installers actually prefer to use Chrysler/Dodge vans as easier access for installs. So they sell the vans for list and get more for installs of their equipment compared to Chrysler.

PT Barnum was right...there is a sucker born every minute!,
Perception is reality!!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #48
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
If they don't keep your deposit please give the sales lady a tip.
That would be a classy thing to do.

I think that's one of the reasons so many salespeople wash out of the car business. It can be really demoralizing to spend the better part of a day with a customer and then realize you'll never make a dime. What's worse, is the end result is 100% out of your control. You could easily spend all day with a customer, do everything right and still lose the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
And as a side note WHY does it take 6 hours to buy a car?????????
I worked at a store where F&I was the bottleneck.

The salespeople used to hate it when the desk and the customer agreed to terms but there was a back-up and the customer would have to wait another hour or longer before they'd get to F&I.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote