Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #31
angewi6

Default Category 3 Description Help

Help

Has any one had the pleasure of submitting an invoice with a category 3 trade-in yet. I am stuck at the description field, it is not listed.

YEAR: 1991

MAKE: Ford

MODEL: F250 Custom / XL / XLT Lariat

BODY/ENGINE: Regular Cab 2D 7.5L V8 EFI
angewi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #32
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by angewi6 View Post
Help

Has any one had the pleasure of submitting an invoice with a category 3 trade-in yet. I am stuck at the description field, it is not listed.

YEAR: 1991

MAKE: Ford

MODEL: F250 Custom / XL / XLT Lariat

BODY/ENGINE: Regular Cab 2D 7.5L V8 EFI
I'm not a FORD guy... but I'd start by re-running your Side by Side mpg comparison here: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/CarsSearchIntro.shtml

Your engine doesn't look right... maybe that's why you can't find it??? Good Luck!!!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #33
WillSD

angewi6 -- Category 3 trade input is a nightmare. We have been advised to input the trade as a Light Duty F250 (5.8L V8 EFI) and attach a note describing the actual trade in. Just another item for the Citi wizards to reject.

CL Pgh -- The 7.5L is the old 460 CID gas sipper.
WillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSD View Post
angewi6 -- Category 3 trade input is a nightmare. We have been advised to input the trade as a Light Duty F250 (5.8L V8 EFI) and attach a note describing the actual trade in. Just another item for the Citi wizards to reject.

WillSD - That's great information - thanks for sharing it with our members.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #35
MICDJDLR

Has anyone ran into this issue? If so - please help. My first C4C deal has now rejected 3 times. The first time was legit (I submitted w/o attachments) the 2nd & 3rd rejections are due to "missing registration" or "invalid registration". TOTALLY BOGUS. The registration submitted is a record that the Michigan Secretary of State provides for customers who didn't keep their old registrations. It clearly shows the inital registration and subsequent transfers. (SIDENOTE: I had a different invoice pay w/this same registration record.)

The 2nd time I resubmitted I rescanned the registration plus the letter provided by the MI SOS explaining how to read the registration record and a letter I typed explaining all of this again. I submitted this as the trade-in registration.

Now trying to resubmit for the 3rd time, it will not allow me to delete the earlier registration attachment (if I try it says "fatal error, invoice not saved") nor will it allow me to modify the earlier attachments w/new memo descriptions (same error). Now, since I have submitted 2 trade-in attachments I have eleven attachments and it won't allow me add any more attachments.....I have no idea what to do. I also tried just resending it as is and it also gives me the fatal error message.

Is it just a problem w/the system today?????
MICDJDLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
dgale

Make sure you send in the signature pages for summary of sale and disposal form. We use a checkoff sheet listing all documents required and will not bill out or deliver a car until the salesman has all supporting documentation attached to the worksheet. Our checkoff sheet also requires that the salesman put drivers license, vins of old and new vehicle,vehicle class, msrp, etc. Whatever info is needed to fill out invoice is all on a summary sheet. Nice and easy, can be submitted in 10-15 minutes.
dgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #37
angewi6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
WillSD - That's great information - thanks for sharing it with our members.

Thanks WillSD. I tried what you suggested and it was approved.

Last edited by angewi6; 09-14-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Referencing original post
angewi6 is offline   Reply With Quote