Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 10-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
fleeter12

Default Gas prices are going down

Right now gas prices are going down. And will us oil production going up due to fracking we can expect them to stay around where they are at for the next few years. So SUV sales are going to go up.

Who knows when the economy picks up they might bring back the hummer.
fleeter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Gasoline prices are hard to predict. While I hope prices continue to fall I'd not be willing to bet on it. To me it seems like the oil/gasoline markets are too easily manipulated with futures contracts and speculation.

That said, I'd be willing to bet we'll see the return of the Hummer brand in the U.S. To me, killing Hummer never made any sense and I've often wondered if GM agreed to kill the brand just to keep the Feds happy so they'd get their bailout money.

Hummer was supposed to have a vehicle in development that was a direct competitor to the two-door Jeep Wrangler. I read that it was an awesome vehicle that was very close to being released for production.

I love the Jeep Wrangler but I'd also like to see some domestic competition to make sure Chrysler doesn't get lazy and tries to rest on their laurels.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
chryslersrt8

Gas prices went up .50/gal today.. Unbelievable!
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryslersrt8 View Post
Gas prices went up .50/gal today.. Unbelievable!
Wow, that's crazy.

I wonder how many station owners raised their prices even though their tanks are already filled with gasoline purchased at lower wholesale prices?

I remember when Washington State had a tax hike on gasoline all of the stations jacked their price up the minute the new law took place even though it wouldn't affect them until they made their next wholesale purchase of gasoline.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
57years

.31 cent increase in 48 hours in Greater Cincy
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
fleeter12

I know gas price are unpredictable. But in TX I paid less than 2.94 at the pump yesterday I seen them go down for me.

It could be taxes. I know some state have green weenies in charge that want to raise the gas tax through the roof. Look no further than California if the cost of gas lowered by a dollar they would raise the gas tax by a dollar.

I think it the fact that US oil production is going up. And we are importing nowhere near as much oil as we used too.
fleeter12 is offline   Reply With Quote