Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
crowe

Default Have A Merry Happy...

Have A Merry Happy...

Somebody should have told me German beer, cakes & cookies were fattening.
I think I’ve put on 10 lbs already this month & Christmas is just getting started.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa & A New Year!

Last edited by XDCX; 12-25-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added heading and picture for Home Page thread
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
FixedOpsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe View Post
I think I’ve put on 10 lbs already this month & Christmas is just getting started.

Same here! I hear that gym memberships increase 500% after the holidays! Then they close down after 6 months and reopen under another name next year!

Merry Christmas to All !
And, thanks for everyone's help this year!
FixedOpsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe View Post

Don't forget Festivus.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
s-works

Tis the season for good bourbon.
s-works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
The StraightShooter

Default Festivus for the rest of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQFLqMyo0fo
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
steve_biegler

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!! Thanks for helping me stay sane this year. Please travel safely.

Last edited by steve_biegler; 12-23-2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
CL Pgh

Merry Christmas everyone!

CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Crowe - Thanks for starting the thread. I added a title heading and a picture to your post so I could feature this thread on the Home Page.

I wish everyone here Happy Holidays and safe travels.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Default Installing a 24' Viewsonic Display and a Tivo External Hard Drive

I hope Santa Claus delivered what everyone was hoping for.

I bought my dad a 24" Viewsonic LCD for his computer and plan to install it this morning - I think it should be pretty easy.

I bought my mom an external hard drive for her Tivo. It has a terabyte of storage and will allow her to save 140+ hours of HD recordings. Her current configuration only has 20 hours of storage. The directions sound pretty easy but I've read some user comments on Amazon which suggest it's not as easy to install as the directions state. Time will tell.

Anyone else spending part of the day installing or assembling Christmas gifts?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
Txflyer

Not here. Only techno gadget anyone got in my house (kids are both off at college) is a Kindle. My wife already has it figured out. We are just sitting around on our butts enjoying the day off.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #11
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I hope Santa Claus delivered what everyone was hoping for.

Anyone else spending part of the day installing or assembling Christmas gifts?
Only a Flip Cam here. Every simple to install and assemble.... Hope everyone have a quite and rest-full holiday.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
Not here. Only techno gadget anyone got in my house (kids are both off at college) is a Kindle. My wife already has it figured out. We are just sitting around on our butts enjoying the day off.
I had a chance to pick-up and test a Kindle earlier this month when I was at Best Buy. I'm not a big book reader but I was really impressed with the Kindle. I'd hate to be in the book printing business - IMO their days are numbered.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #13
Txflyer

Quote:
I had a chance to pick-up and test a Kindle earlier this month when I was at Best Buy. I'm not a big book reader but I was really impressed with the Kindle. I'd hate to be in the book printing business - IMO their days are numbered.
I can see a HUGE advantage to using a Kindle when traveling. I love to read on vacation, and carrying a bunch of heavy hard-back books is a pain. However, when sitting at home on the couch or laying in bed I like to flip actual pages. Guess I'm just old fashioned that way.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I bought my dad a 24" Viewsonic LCD for his computer and plan to install it this morning - I think it should be pretty easy.

I bought my mom an external hard drive for her Tivo. It has a terabyte of storage and will allow her to save 140+ hours of HD recordings. Her current configuration only has 20 hours of storage. The directions sound pretty easy but I've read some user comments on Amazon which suggest it's not as easy to install as the directions state. Time will tell.
Installing the 24" Viewsonic was a piece of cake. It took awhile to find a resolution setting my dad liked but once we had that dialed in we were golden. If you're still working on an old CRT or a screen smaller than 19" I would highly recommend upgrading to one of the new displays - it's a HUGE improvement.

Concerning the Tivo hard drive, it was a piece of cake too until I realized the TV remote control no longer worked. After two hours of trying different remote codes I figured out the problem was caused when I moved a family picture in front of the infrared receiver on the bottom of the TV. I felt like an idiot.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Installing the 24" Viewsonic was a piece of cake. It took awhile to find a resolution setting my dad liked but once we had that dialed in we were golden. If you're still working on an old CRT or a screen smaller than 19" I would highly recommend upgrading to one of the new displays - it's a HUGE improvement.

Concerning the Tivo hard drive, it was a piece of cake too until I realized the TV remote control no longer worked. After two hours of trying different remote codes I figured out the problem was caused when I moved a family picture in front of the infrared receiver on the bottom of the TV. I felt like an idiot.
Been there, only I used the center speaker from the Home Ent System to block it....
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote