Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Horseplay among employees results in lawsuit filed against Dealership

A news report indicates an employee has filed a lawsuit against the dealership he used to work at because co-workers shocked him with a stun gun. For the full news report - click here

A spokesman for the Dealership contends that the Plaintiff also engaged in horseplay with his fellow employees and shocked many of co-workers with the same device.

Typically this type of story wouldn't attract too much of my interest but I was intrigued to read that the Plaintiff alleges the store's General Manager was the person who brought the stun gun to work and the GM used his smartphone to record the horseplay. Another employee reportedly uploaded the video to YouTube.

I know some of our members have commented that they occasionally felt they were running an "Adult Daycare" facility when dealing with employees but shouldn't a Dealer expect more out of his/her GM?

In fairness, just because the Plaintiff said the GM was the person who brought the stun gun to work doesn't mean that's true. But if the allegations are true I think it shows poor judgment on the part of the GM who exposed the Dealership to unnecessary liability.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
steve_biegler

There are a lot of "children" that work in this industry. Too bad, because we all deserve better.

I just read the article, and the dealership is owned by a Texas state representative and her husband is the GM. So I guess the GM won't be fired any time soon.

Last edited by steve_biegler; 08-12-2013 at 11:08 AM.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
danderson

Damn!!! I better take all of my "toys" home then!!
danderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
zep33

Don't taze me bro
zep33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
I just read the article, and the dealership is owned by a Texas state representative and her husband is the GM. So I guess the GM won't be fired any time soon.
I saw that too.

If the allegations are true you'd think the GM would have more common sense to see the possible outcome of his decisions. As before, it's only the Plaintiff's allegation so it's possible the events reported don't reflect reality.

It also appears the Plaintiff was fired from the dealership and the firing had nothing to do with the reported horseplay.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote