Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
ssdd

Default Incentive Audits

does anybody know of any dealer that has had any luck fighting these incentive audits? any nada help or out side companies?
I have heard that chrysler has double their audit staff and they are on a witch hunt for VPA money. I was told buy a Chrysler employee that if you hit your year end wrap you went on the audit list, and if you barley hit by one or two you went to the top of the list!!!!
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
does anybody know of any dealer that has had any luck fighting these incentive audits? any nada help or out side companies?
I have heard that chrysler has double their audit staff and they are on a witch hunt for VPA money. I was told buy a Chrysler employee that if you hit your year end wrap you went on the audit list, and if you barley hit by one or two you went to the top of the list!!!!
That's a good question.

I've read the attorney ads in the back of Automotive News but I don't know of anyone that has used one. I do know a Dealer that used the Chrysler Appeal Process - he didn't like the result and felt like his "case" was never really heard.

If someone has additional input but doesn't feel like posting in a public forum, please feel free to send a "Private Message" to ssdd. My long term goal for this site is to develop a hidden forum for Members Only where these questions can be asked in a more private setting.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
SHACOS
Super Moderator

My advice is make sure you have all your customers on speed dial because you'll probably need to call a few of them to get backup documentation needed by Chrysler.

Chrysler has been hitting us hard over the last few months. Nothing too big so far, but they usually allow 30 or 60 days to get documentation to avoid the chargeback.

I could tell you more, but that's even too private for the private message board.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
ssdd

o.k. thanks guys
pm me your email address or phone number and I will call or email you

I cant understand why they are kicking the dealers in the nuts, and especially the ones who are doing a good job!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
o.k. thanks guys
pm me your email address or phone number and I will call or email you

I cant understand why they are kicking the dealers in the nuts, and especially the ones who are doing a good job!
I'll send you a Private Message with my contact information.

I remember in the old days a Dealer used to lose sleep if he heard that he was going to have a Warranty Audit. Today a Warranty Audit is nothing - it's the Incentive Audit that you have to fear.

Chrysler's Incentive Programs can be confusing - especially when there are multiple programs that may (or may not) be stackable. My long term goal is that this forum becomes a place where a Sales Manager or GSM can get clarification about program rules and learn from other dealers across the country.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
ssdd

Yes I have said for a long time we need some type of forum so me can talk about issues...
Old 07-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
dodgeboy

Default Recent incentive audit

We made our year end VPA and sure enough we drew an incentive audit. The result wasn't too bad but anything was too much. We do a ton of Employee purchase so we document EVERYTHING. Somebody once said that "the government that was big enough to give you everything was big enough to take it all away". Make sense? Mabey incentives are a two edged sword.
dodgeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #8
dealer3100

Yes. We just had an incentive audit also, wasnt too bad. But Chrysler pushes programs like thier Supplier and Friends and Family programs. With suplier program you have to have an id badge from their place of employment or a pay check stub. With friends and family make sure you document who they know and what position they have with chrysler and also the SID number. Customers thought we were crazy calling them back for this info months or even years later. But the D.M.'s and DOM's push these programs for you to use only to come and audit you for using them.
dealer3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
We made our year end VPA and sure enough we drew an incentive audit. The result wasn't too bad but anything was too much. We do a ton of Employee purchase so we document EVERYTHING. Somebody once said that "the government that was big enough to give you everything was big enough to take it all away". Make sense? Mabey incentives are a two edged sword.
There's no question that Incentives have become so large that they can make or break a dealership.

In the old days a Dealer Principal had to worry about a GM or GSM that was trying to boost his paycheck by inflating the ACVs of trade-ins to increase gross profit.

Now he has the same worry with incentives - an unethical GM or GSM could bury a store and be long gone by the time the Factory Auditor arrived.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer3100 View Post
Yes. We just had an incentive audit also, wasnt too bad. But Chrysler pushes programs like thier Supplier and Friends and Family programs. With suplier program you have to have an id badge from their place of employment or a pay check stub. With friends and family make sure you document who they know and what position they have with chrysler and also the SID number. Customers thought we were crazy calling them back for this info months or even years later. But the D.M.'s and DOM's push these programs for you to use only to come and audit you for using them.
Sounds just like what SHACOS was saying - you'd better have your customers on speed-dial because you'll be making a lot of phone calls.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #11
ssdd

Does any body have a code list for an incentive audit?
In other words what do the codes Chrysler uses in an audit stand for example "P" or "A"
Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Does any body have a code list for an incentive audit?
In other words what do the codes Chrysler uses in an audit stand for example "P" or "A"
Thanks
Sorry, unfortunately I do not have the list.

I'll "bump" your thread back to the top and see if someone might be able to help.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I've got one. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
ssdd

pm sent...
Thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #15
SHACOS
Super Moderator

Actually, why don't I just post the code information for everyone to use in a separate thread.

Last edited by SHACOS; 07-17-2008 at 07:46 AM.