Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
CL Pgh

Default Summer Yet???

Started to pm this to X-Man but figured I'd bore the rest of ya as well.

Loaded this last night… from last summer. I’m the young guy … my brother-in-law (50yrs) loses in the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cj4OhYssrw

I’m soooo joneszen for warm weather!!!! :shades:
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
squish

gonna be in the 70's here in central california today
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
squish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Started to pm this to X-Man but figured I'd bore the rest of ya as well.

Loaded this last night… from last summer. I’m the young guy … my brother-in-law (50yrs) loses in the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cj4OhYssrw

I’m soooo joneszen for warm weather!!!! :shades:
now thats what you call brotherly love

....CLASSIC!
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Thumbs up That was awesome....

CL - That was awesome - I'm impressed. :thumbsup_old:

That looked like it was so much fun. Warm weather, smooth water, it doesn't get much better than that.

How fast was the boat going when your BIY hit the water?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
gonna be in the 70's here in central california today
It's currently 37 degrees here and I doubt that make it past the mid 50s. I am, however, very happy for you and I appreciate you sharing your good fortune.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Smile I guess I have "weather envy"

CL's post reminds me how much I'm looking forward to summer and squish's post reminds me how far away it is.

When the weather is crappy here I find that I keep checking webcams in warmer climates. Here are two of my favorites:
  • Shasta Lake webcam via CalTrans - click here
  • Lake Havasu webcam via the London Bridge Resort - click here
Although the water level looks low for Shasta, it's actually increased almost 100 feet over the past two months. Hopefully some more rain and snow-melt will fill-up the lake.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
jadog1

I don't think Shasta can get filled up but your right X up 100 feet thank goodness she was a looking bad for awhile.
jadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
SHACOS
Super Moderator

I saw Shasta this August when it was 110 degrees in Redding. It was not looking good what so ever. I had never seen it that low.
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
CL Pgh

Smooth water… the ONE advantage to working every Saturday… having every Weds. off!

My wife is driving (w/volume you can hear her laughing) and she keeps the boat around 35mph. That puts us around 45mph on the whips. That crash was an easy one! I’ve got some great tube/wakeboard/ski’s crashes on video but I haven’t taken the time to figure out how to cut and paste them together.

Exactly how much water do you guys require to play in??? (up a 100’???) There’s a lake that close to the house that avg. about 20’ deep. I’ll go there in the Spring a couple times… after that it’s muddy all year. BTW… this lake has a small marina (about 50-60 slips) with several nice boats that slip there. Way to muddy for me but some people love it!?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
I saw Shasta this August when it was 110 degrees in Redding. It was not looking good what so ever. I had never seen it that low.
I had a chance to take my SeaDoo down to Shasta and ride for a couple of days near the end of September last year. It was an awesome trip.

There were old bridges, tunnels and train trussels that had been under water since 1977 - the last time the lake level was that low. On one portion of the lake it felt like you were in a graveyard because all the old trees resurfaced and looked like tombstones.

Here's a link to a newspaper report that was done on Shasta last year - the pictures are phenomenal - click here
Old 04-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
CL Pgh

Just read X-Mans linked article… WOW! Very kewl pics. as well. Next time I hear Shasta Lake, I’ll know what they’re talking about.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Smooth water… the ONE advantage to working every Saturday… having every Weds. off!

My wife is driving (w/volume you can hear her laughing) and she keeps the boat around 35mph. That puts us around mph on the whips. That crash was an easy one! I’ve got some great tube/wakeboard/ski’s crashes on video but I haven’t taken the time to figure out how to cut and paste them together.

Exactly how much water do you guys require to play in??? (up a 100’???) There’s a lake that close to the house that avg. about 20’ deep. I’ll go there in the Spring a couple times… after that it’s muddy all year. BTW… this lake has a small marina (about 50-60 slips) with several nice boats that slip there. Way to muddy for me but some people love it!?
I LOVE smooth water and it looked like you had miles of it.

That's awesome that you trust your wife to drive the boat while you're on the tube. That said, if you ever notice that your Life Insurance Coverage increases, I'd be nervous.

Concerning crashes, I once fell off the back of my SeaDoo at about 52 mph. My 15 year old cousin was driving and my last words were "now let's practice some high speed turns...."

Concerning the lakes I like to ride, anything with smooth water is awesome. I also like large lakes where there's something to explore - I've had some fantastic trips to Lake Mead where you can check-out Hoover Dam.

Thanks for starting this thread - it's nice to be able to talk about something other than the car business.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #13
CL Pgh

Here ya go X-Man... my favorite Wave Runner pic.! My bro-in-law kept splash'n me with the wave runner while I was tube'n. When it was his turn on the tube, I got on the ski... told my wife to get the camera ready because I was going to drown him!!! Here's the pic. she snap'd.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Default That is such a great picture.....

That picture is a classic.

What do they always say about payback?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly how much water do you guys require to play in??? (up a 100’???)
If you need a quick diversion from work and have a High Speed Internet connection, the following link has some great pictures of how the drought has impacted Northern California's major lakes - click here

The document is 83 pages long but I just flip through and look at the pictures - it's about a 5 minute diversion from reality.

Some of the coolest (saddest ) pictures are near the end where they show a 12 lane boat launch at Lake Oroville that must be 70 feet above the existing water level. I was on that lake last year and it's surreal to be looking up at a boat launch that requires 70+ feet more water before it can be used again.