Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
steve_biegler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,439
Smile Happy New Year!

Happy New Year - 2015



I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Lots has happened in the last 6 years or so, so I raise my glass to everyone still moving the iron and those of us that use to.
Please drive safely tonight!

Last edited by XDCX; 12-31-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added large text title and photo to create Home page thread
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
possum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Thank you! And, you are correct, as a lot is different since the needless slaughter of '09.
But, here we are, and we are all making it the best we can, so lets be thankful for what we do have, and lets have a great 2015!
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,869
Default

Steve, thanks for creating the Happy New Years thread and for keeping the forum plugging along while I took an extended time away. I added a title and a picture to your post so I could use this thread on the Home Page - it seems like that C7 Corvette had been on the Home Page for ages.

If history is any indication I'm betting that most of the rural stores will be closed today (this is the first post of 2015) and most of the metro stores will be open. Some of the metro stores that have their Sales Department open may have their Service and Parts Departments closed.

I wish a safe and prosperous 2015 to all of our members and if you're fortunate enough to have 01/01/15 off I hope you can enjoy some great College Football games or anything else that brings you happiness.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
mryan55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 594
Default

Speaking from a metro market in Indiana -- we opened from 10am until 5pm for sales. Fixed ops closed.

I was lucky enough to have the day off. The store sold one used car. Far from a stellar performance!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Speaking from a metro market in Indiana -- we opened from 10am until 5pm for sales. Fixed ops closed.

I was lucky enough to have the day off. The store sold one used car. Far from a stellar performance!
Thanks for the update - sorry to hear that being open only resulted in one car sale.

If I can ask, was there any pressure from your OEMs to be open on New Year's day? In the past I recall there was some pressure from the BCs to have their metro stores be open to ensure a strong close to the month/year.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
mryan55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Thanks for the update - sorry to hear that being open only resulted in one car sale.

If I can ask, was there any pressure from your OEMs to be open on New Year's day? In the past I recall there was some pressure from the BCs to have their metro stores be open to ensure a strong close to the month/year.
No real pressure. I think the Great Lakes BC knows what they have -- Metro Detroit doesn't open, Metro Toledo doesn't open, and the rest of the business center is hit or miss.

My DM did text and ask if we were opening. I replied 'no' just to see if I could get a rise out of him... but here in GLBC I guess it's no great surprise. Later in teh day I decided to tell him the truth and that we would be there!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
No real pressure. I think the Great Lakes BC knows what they have -- Metro Detroit doesn't open, Metro Toledo doesn't open, and the rest of the business center is hit or miss.

My DM did text and ask if we were opening. I replied 'no' just to see if I could get a rise out of him... but here in GLBC I guess it's no great surprise. Later in teh day I decided to tell him the truth and that we would be there!
Thanks for the update - it's good to hear there wasn't any pressure and the dealers were allowed to make their own decisions on whether they would be open or closed on New Year's day.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #8
mryan55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 594
Default

I'm sure in other parts of the country the pressure was greater... In the GLBC it is what is -- more are closed than open for holidays in our BC.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy New Year - 2014 XDCX General Discussions 1 01-01-2014 10:45 PM
Happy New Year Everyone. steve_biegler General Discussions 2 12-31-2012 09:50 AM
Happy new year! steve_biegler Automotive Discussions 4 01-04-2012 04:02 PM
Merry christmas and happy new year dafuzz1956 General Discussions 16 12-24-2009 01:30 PM
Happy New Year XDCX General Discussions 5 01-05-2009 06:53 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright DealershipForum.com - 2008 - 2016