Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default CFC Liquidation Vehicles

In the West Business Center CFC has a listing of Liquidation Vehicles that are available to dealers for direct purchase. The vehicles are 2007 and 2008 models that were not be eligible for Factory Repurchase from terminated dealerships.

Are all of the Business Centers making these vehicles available to their dealers?

To the extent that the vehicles are sold as new and are still eligible for Factory Incentives, some of them look like they're a great bargain.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
scooter

I have not seen that list yet.....back in December I went to the auction up in Tracy and I was able to buy "new" 2008's at used car prices. All of these vehicles had less than 50 miles and I was able to buy Ram 1500's for about $14,500 with the Bighorn package and Hemi engine, Nitros for about $10,500, Chargers for $13,200, Calibers for about $8,800...it was a great deal and I should have bought more, because I cannot find deals like that right now....
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I have not seen that list yet.....back in December I went to the auction up in Tracy and I was able to buy "new" 2008's at used car prices. All of these vehicles had less than 50 miles and I was able to buy Ram 1500's for about $14,500 with the Bighorn package and Hemi engine, Nitros for about $10,500, Chargers for $13,200, Calibers for about $8,800...it was a great deal and I should have bought more, because I cannot find deals like that right now....
This is exactly what I meant a couple weeks back after Press had his meltdown tele-conference. During that phone call Press scolded us for being Used Car Dealers rather than being the New Car Dealers he needs us to be. The irony here is that Chryserberus is actually creating this Used Car situation by pushing dealers to accept/order inventory they financially can’t handle. There’s not a single zone that hasn’t taken Dealers off Finance Hold just so they can order more inventory.
We don’t need Fleet to back off it’s sales to sure-up our vehicles resale value’s… we need Chryserberus to back off it’s forced inventory drownings!
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
I have not seen that list yet......
I sent you a PM.

Quote:
All of these vehicles had less than 50 miles and I was able to buy Ram 1500's for about $14,500 with the Bighorn package and Hemi engine, Nitros for about $10,500, Chargers for $13,200, Calibers for about $8,800...it was a great deal and I should have bought more, because I cannot find deals like that right now....
That sounds like a fantastic deal.

Imagine how the Dodge dealer in Texas with the ad in Automotive News feels when he reads a post like yours. It's hard to unload over 400 2008 Ram 1500s for Invoice less Holdback when you've got CFC selling them at a steep discount at the auction.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
we need Chryserberus to back off it’s forced inventory drownings!
That's a great point, but I wouldn't bet any money that it's going to happen.

To the extent that the Viability Plan is based on Chrysler hitting their wholesale objectives, I'm sure that there will be a full-court press to cover the March Allocation. Dealers are going to be asked to take more product regardless of their days supply situation.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
CL Pgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
That's a great point, but I wouldn't bet any money that it's going to happen.

To the extent that the Viability Plan is based on Chrysler hitting their wholesale objectives, I'm sure that there will be a full-court press to cover the March Allocation. Dealers are going to be asked to take more product regardless of their days supply situation.
Yep... Don't want too, but have to agree! :shades:
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Default Are all the BC's offering Liquidation Vehicles?

I remain curious, is CFC using this process to sell vehicles in all the BCs, or is this unique to the West BC?

I've heard there were some vehicles sold at auction with MSOs but it wasn't clear to me if those were Chrysler LLC or CFC vehicles.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
ssdd

a store here in Cleveland Ga. went out and they sold the cars with the stickers in them at the cfc auction in Atlanta...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
a store here in Cleveland Ga. went out and they sold the cars with the stickers in them at the cfc auction in Atlanta...
Thanks for the update - that's what I was wondering about.

Did CFC make any effort to hold a reserve, or were they just sold as used cars to the highest bidder?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
ssdd

used cars are bringing a premium in the Atlanta area because new is so bad everyone is buying used cars to sell.... the prices are stupid high
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 AM   #11
possum

There are no "Liquidity Sales" in the SouthWest BC. The auction cars will carry no incentives, and be wary of the "Lifetime" warranty on USED CARS.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #12
okcarl
Lotus Factory Guy

I spoke with our Chyrsler Financial rep yesterday on this subject. They are working on having all dealer repos posted on the Dealer Connect site under the CFC tab and then in the ELVIS portion. He said this should be up and running within a month. He did also caution not to expect the lifetime warranty etc.to transfer they are just like any other used car. The cards have been punched and the clock has started on the 3/36 warranty. Even with that if they can be purchased right they are a great value and make great switch cars.
okcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
There are no "Liquidity Sales" in the SouthWest BC. The auction cars will carry no incentives, and be wary of the "Lifetime" warranty on USED CARS.
Thanks for the update and the caution about the Lifetime Warranty.

It appears that the West BC is unique in trying to sell these vehicles before they go to auction.

Although I didn't study the list too carefully, I noticed they had 2008 PT Cruisers listed at 38% off Invoice and they were still eligible for all retail/dealer incentives and Lifetime Warranty. It seemed to me like those cars would make great "ad units."
Old 02-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #14
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcarl View Post
I spoke with our Chyrsler Financial rep yesterday on this subject. They are working on having all dealer repos posted on the Dealer Connect site under the CFC tab and then in the ELVIS portion. He said this should be up and running within a month. He did also caution not to expect the lifetime warranty etc.to transfer they are just like any other used car. The cards have been punched and the clock has started on the 3/36 warranty. Even with that if they can be purchased right they are a great value and make great switch cars.
Thanks for sharing the information.

It's good to know that they're working on a system where the Dealer Buyback vehicles will be on-line so dealers have a uniform process to purchase them.