Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
roland

Default CSO return waiting period?

Thought I would take this forum for a quick test ride and save myself a little bit of research. Any of you fellow GM parts managers know for sure the waiting period and the "window" we have to return items using our return reserve? Looking forward to hearing from you!
roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

roland - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

Yours is the second post we've had today from a new member who comes from a GM parts background - I don't think that's ever happened before.

Our resident GM parts expert, tnpartsguy, hasn't been on the forum for a couple of weeks but I'll send him a Private Message (PM) and make him aware of your post and hopefully he'll be able to share his insight.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
tnpartsguy

I'm away from a Pc right now but I'll bbl
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
tnpartsguy

Post P&P Manual states...

I wanted to make 100% sure I got this right, because they change it so often.
I have included the section of the P&P just to show the latest changes

There are 2 different ways to return Special Orders now.
(#1) Must be done within 30 days of SHIPMENT date. Must be documented as to RO # and reason why part is no longer needed. Does not cost any restocking fee, but does cost shipping and takes back any reserve or discount earned.

(#2) Can be done within 365 days of reciept, but will cost 35% restocking charge, plus freight.

Customer Special Order Return (CODE 11)
All parts ordered CSO by RIM Dealers earn 2% return reserve and can be returned following the normal return reserve guidelines. If the dealer chooses not to return the parts using their return reserve they can return the part using a MR11 return. However all MR11 returns will be assessed a 35% restocking fee. MR11 returns can be made for any part ordered via CSO up to 365 days from the date the parts were shipped.
In the event a customer does not return for a mechanical service part ordered as a special order CSO, CSO3, CSO4 or CSO5, a Non-RIM Dealer may return the part without having the part charged against the Dealer’s return reserve. There is no line dollar limit, but packaging standards and merchandise pack quantities apply. Parts eligible for Special Order Returns are:

• Mechanical service repair parts
• Seat belts

Parts not eligible for Special Order Returns are:
• Sheetmetal, moldings, and exterior trim
• Crash or collision related parts
• Catalytic converters
• Vehicle care products
• Accessories
• Radios
• Performance Parts
• Other non-mechanical service parts
• Ship Direct and Factory Source items, regardless of product code (SAS, SPS, FF, FS)

To process a customer special order return, the Application for Authorization to Return Material should be submitted via Parts Workbench in GMGlobalConnect.com, using return type 11. The following examples must appear in the “comment” or “note line”:
• Service mechanical repair order number, Example: “RO#12345”
• Customer name, Example: “Jane Doe”
• Reason for return, Example: “customer sold car”

The Special Order return must be submitted within 30 days of the packing slip shipment date. All return reserve earned from the original purchase will be debited from the Dealer's return reserve accrual.

P a g e | 61 Revised: 5/10/2012

Sorry I wasn't able to get back as quickly as I would have liked, I was on VACATION last week, and am under a pile of ADP paper now

Last edited by tnpartsguy; 06-27-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
roland

Thank you, thank you for your expedient response! I sincerely hope you enjoyed your vacation, even tough I'm sure you're buried now. You sure are right about the fact that the return policy changes continually. Lucky for me my CSO returns are minimal. My last understanding of the return policy differed from the current one. Thanks Again!
roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
tnpartsguy

Thumbs down Return Window

It was that you had a 90 day window, but only after you held the part for 30 days. That's why I looked it up again; I havn't had a single return accepted in a while, because we hold SOP's for 30 days. Thanks GM, yet again, thinking backwards pays....for you!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpartsguy View Post
Sorry I wasn't able to get back as quickly as I would have liked, I was on VACATION last week, and am under a pile of ADP paper now
tnpartsguy - Thanks for helping out a fellow member - that's awesome.

I noticed you logged on to the forum about five minutes after I sent you a PM. I'm guessing that you must have taken your smartphone with you on vacation.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
Megadraught

Up here in Canada, its a little different. CSO's must now be held for 45 days before applying for the return, and can't be more than 120 days old. Oh, and they dropped the 35% penalty return completely.
Megadraught is offline   Reply With Quote