Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 08-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default Anybody going to the Chrysler show?

Anybody going to the Vegas show and what do you think will be shown/said?
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
conn02

I'm going although, for what will be said is anybody's guess. most of our information these days is though Automotive news, Allpar and the like.
conn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

It would be interesting to get a sense of what the current "mood and morale" of the FCA dealers is.

While there's no question that sales are still strong for FCA I would guess some dealers are concerned about reports that FCA is delaying future product and not investing in R&D to the same degree as their crosstown rivals.

I'd also guess there's an element of frustration over Marchionne's bizarre search for a merger partner and his bull-headed approach to handling recalls with the NHTSA that resulted in FCA getting forced to buy back vehicles.

That said, strong car sales can overcome a lot of frustrations and to the extent Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Blue Sky values are running very high it's reasonable to expect that the dealers will be happy.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
conn02

I went with a lot of trepidation and pessimism and I am glad that I was wrong. I was suprised at the amount of product coming out. the 'Cuda covertible stole the show as well as the upcoming Dodge Charger (a really beautiful car). The Maserati Alfieri (sic) was awesome. and the 2017 Wrangler looked pretty much unchanged from current models.

Last edited by conn02; 08-27-2015 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot wagoneer
Old 08-27-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
conn02

and finally a full size sport utility in the Wagoneer
Old 08-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn02 View Post
It is my understanding that a lot of what was shown in Vegas will not ever make it to the showrooms, at least not in the presented format.

I understand that the people at the top want to see how much gets leaked to the social media and in what form... ie: spy photos etc

I can only hope that this was incorrect info and that this wasn't just another dog and pony show like the EV-2, e-Wrangler and Electric Town & Country that NARDELLI AND CREW PROMISED TO HAVE ON THE ROAD BY 2010, further making fools out of the dealers. Time will tell.

30 new and/or revamped products in 2 years is a pretty aggressive task

Last edited by 79LilRedExpress; 08-28-2015 at 07:20 AM. Reason: GRAMMER
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:19 AM   #7
steve_biegler

The new Wagoneer was not in the salon, makes me wonder if it was just a very crude mule and FCA didn't want it to close to eyes that know the difference between a real vehicle and a "show car".
Personally I think they missed it on the Wagoneer. Who cares about the Range Rover. The Suburban is what they need to chase. Looked to have no more room behind the 3rd seat than the Commander from where I was sitting.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
I went with a lot of trepidation and pessimism and I am glad that I was wrong. I was suprised at the amount of product coming out. the 'Cuda covertible stole the show as well as the upcoming Dodge Charger (a really beautiful car). The Maserati Alfieri (sic) was awesome. and the 2017 Wrangler looked pretty much unchanged from current models.
Thanks for the feedback - I'm happy to hear the show exceeded your expectations.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
It is my understanding that a lot of what was shown in Vegas will not ever make it to the showrooms, at least not in the presented format.

I understand that the people at the top want to see how much gets leaked to the social media and in what form... ie: spy photos etc
That's interesting - I remember a few years ago Porsche sued one of their dealers who leaked photos/information that he gathered at a Dealer Announcement Show.

Concerning FCA, I'm not sure what their agenda would be unless they thought the "leaked" photos/info might garner more media coverage than they would receive if they released the photos/info via a Press Release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
I can only hope that this was incorrect info and that this wasn't just another dog and pony show like the EV-2, e-Wrangler and Electric Town & Country that NARDELLI AND CREW PROMISED TO HAVE ON THE ROAD BY 2010, further making fools out of the dealers. Time will tell.
I remember watching Nardelli's Dog and Pony show live on CNBC when they covered it. It was 100% pure vaporware - none of those vehicles were even close to reaching production.

I also remember the naysayers were calling BS on Nardelli's announcement shortly after it was made. They concluded it's almost impossible to keep that many future production vehicles secret due to the number of employees and vendors that are required to bring them to market.