Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Sales

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default GM reports a 70% increase in retail sales

I was in the process of updating the February Sales Prediction thread and I was amazed when I read GM had a 70% retail sales increase comparing 02/11 to 02/10 - that's incredible.

Apparently the spike in sales is being fueled by new product, increased inventories, higher incentives and leasing deals offered by GM's new finance company.

I'd love to hear from some GM dealers - is the new car business really that strong?

For the non-GM dealers, are you losing deals to your neighboring GM dealers?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Lakeshow

I know there was very little "sell-able" inventory in 2/10, there numbers should have been very easy to improve on. However that is a huge jump! The Ford Dealer is the one in our area that in benefiting most from what GM did to our market.
Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeshow View Post
I know there was very little "sell-able" inventory in 2/10, there numbers should have been very easy to improve on. However that is a huge jump! The Ford Dealer is the one in our area that in benefiting most from what GM did to our market.
GM's inventory situation last year definitely played a role - inventories throughout the country were light due to the lost production the occurred during the bankruptcy plant closings and the model year changeover.

Concerning Ford, Automotive News had an article indicating that Ford doesn't plan to match GM if an incentive war heats up this summer. Ford's willing to lose market share in order to maintain profits - I wonder if their dealers feel the same way?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote