Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Chevyspd

Default X-Dock

Is it just me or is nearly everything I order seeming to be shipped via Cross Dock? And what kind of garbage is this that I cant track anyways? How does everyone else feel about cross dock situations in general and how often they seem to happen?
Chevyspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I guess I'm too far removed from Chrysler's daily operations - what's Cross Dock?

I'm guessing that it's an alternative to Chrysler's DDS Delivery System and it's likely being used in an effort by Auburn Hills to control costs. That said, that's just a guess - I have no idea what Cross Dock is.....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Oh, I forgot something....

Chevyspd - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum
Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #4
Chevyspd

One would assume that you are correct...that it is a cost control measure, but it seems there is no true way to track where the parts are. In some cases on dealerconnect I have checked the part history screen to find that a part that has been Cross Docked shows to have went to other PDC's before making to ours...so to check the system I called the showing PDC's(the one I most recently remember was MLW)...who shows to have no record of that part ever reaching or being in the system for their PDC. I think their only logic must have been to save $$ while keeping the dealer/customer out of the loop so we can't 'point the finger' so to say.
Chevyspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Murf

There is a system in the works that is supposed to let us track thru DealerConnect Cross Dock, VSD & SSD shipments. It is to be rolled out in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
There is a system in the works that is supposed to let us track thru DealerConnect Cross Dock, VSD & SSD shipments. It is to be rolled out in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.
Murf - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

Also, thanks for the information - it's good to know there's a system improvement in the works that will make it easier for PMs to track their Cross Dock, VSD and SSD shipments.