Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 05-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default 8 years past

Well, tomorrow will mark 8 years since the letters that I and 788 other Chrysler dealers received was drafted, signed and sent via UPS, to be delivered on the morning of the 14th.

The legal actions that are being pursued are dragging along with no end in sight. Depositions are being taken from the main players as I write this. It will be interesting to see if they remember anything.

A movie about the fiasco is coming out June 1st. I hope they give time to the dealers loss. I've got mine on order already.

I highly doubt there will be any acknowledgement of the anniversary in any automotive trade journal, let alone any main stream news outlet.

So if this is a day you remember every year please join with me tomorrow the 13th, and raise a glass of your favorite beverage at 9:00 PM central time for a toast. "To the 789 and our General Motors brothers that lost their lives-work to a greedy Government and manufacturer partner. May they someday see justice and closure to their loss."

Last edited by steve_biegler; 05-12-2017 at 10:30 AM.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
57years

I will and I will not forget!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
jayhawk

may serious karma visit all involved, this world or the next, preferably both!!
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
DealerEx

Saluted with two fingers of Makers Mark-- " in memory of the 789"
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #5
flstsphil

Every time I turn on the TV and see Nardelli and Rattner talk and act like they are not criminals and incompetents ...
Makes me want to puke.
flstsphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #6
steve_biegler

http://jalopnik.com/****-you-bob-nardelli-1716339044

If you missed this check it out. Good reading.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Wow, it's amazing that it's been eight years and there still hasn't been any justice for the 789.

While in some ways it seems so long ago, in others I can remember details like it was just yesterday. I remember the conference call where Jim Press referred to Chrysler's "once in a lifetime" opportunity to use the powers of bankruptcy to their advantage.

It seemed so ironic to me that Chrysler, the company that failed, had so much power over all of their dealers, suppliers and vendors who managed to run successful companies.

From my vantage point a lot of good people got screwed over, not too many people even care or remember and the wheels of justice are turning so slowly that it's hard to retain much faith in the system.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
srt

Default 8 Years

How right you are! They went broke and everyone else got clubbed.
srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:59 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
http://jalopnik.com/****-you-bob-nardelli-1716339044

If you missed this check it out. Good reading.
I just had a chance to read the story in the link. I didn't think it was possible there was someone who held Nardelli in lower regard than I did but I was wrong.

As I've posted on the forum in the past, in hindsight it was clear from the moment that Cerberus selected Nardelli to run Chrysler that their interest was nothing more than a "strip and flip." All of their talk about being "patriots" wanting to save a great American company was nothing but B.S.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #10
possum

I hope all that remember are doing well, while others should be in prison. June 9, is the 8 year anniversary of my visit to Washington, addressing the Senate, and hoping to make a difference, but sadly that was a failed mission. That is when it really sank in, the deal was done. The evidence I provided made no impact on the outcome. I was sure that this would help myself and all the Dealers, but in the end, it was already done.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #11
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
I hope all that remember are doing well, while others should be in prison. June 9, is the 8 year anniversary of my visit to Washington, addressing the Senate, and hoping to make a difference, but sadly that was a failed mission. That is when it really sank in, the deal was done. The evidence I provided made no impact on the outcome. I was sure that this would help myself and all the Dealers, but in the end, it was already done.
It may not have altered the outcome my friend...but you at least have the satisfaction of having exposed Jim Press as a liar to his face in front of a roomful of Congressmen. There wasn't anyone in that room, or anyone that saw that hearing, that had any doubt that all of the Chrysler and GM execs sitting at that table were lying through their teeth. I know it makes me feel better anytime I watch that video of you calling him out that day.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #12
DealerEx

If any of you have not seen the video of Possum's testimony at the Senate hearing set up by Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, you need to find it and watch it--he did good!
Old 06-07-2017, 06:36 AM   #13
57years

Please post a link. Thanks,
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #14
The StraightShooter

I'll never get over this and I'll never forgive. You know when I look around and see how much this country deteriorated from 2oo8 to now I really think people have no else but themselves to blame. My dad can never retire and is nearing 70 years old working as a used car manager. I nearly lost my house and lost years off my formerly young life. I know another forum member here USEDandABUSED dropped dead at 52 years old of a massive heart attack. His kids had to drop out of college to support their widowed mother. Others fared worse fates and took their own lives. All over a lie. I really hope there is karma because a lot of Obama people and factory types deserve it.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:37 PM   #15
DealerEx

https://youtu.be/8WuO06jebAg

There are other good videos from the hearings on youtube if you look around.