Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Nissan > Sales

Notices

Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default I saw my first Nissan/Cummins commercial last night

I was watching TV last night and was fast-forwarding through the commercials when I noticed what looked like a new Cummins logo. At first I thought it must be a new logo for the Ram and then I remembered the deal that Nissan and Cummins have and decided to go back and watch the commercial.

While I wasn't super-surprised to see that the commercial with the new Cummins logo was for the new Nissan Titan I was amazed the commercial didn't spend more time hyping the relationship. Maybe it's just a teaser commercial that's supposed to highlight all of Nissan's new models.

Call me crazy, but if I was heading up Nissan's Sales Division I'd be promoting the hell out of their relationship with Cummins.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
mryan55

I think more promotion will come in time. Fred Diaz is leading the show, so I'm sure this will garner more than a little attention for their trucks as time goes on.

On the auto show circuit the Titan XD has been getting quite a bit of attention. At the Detroit auto show there were probably 4-5 Titan XD models that were easily accessible and at the Chicago auto show there were 3 XDs spanning three different trim levels.

The truck seems very well put together, but at the end of the day a Pro 4X with the diesel and moderate equipment can push $60k. Yikes! I would probably skip the look at off-road cred of the Pro 4X and go with the Titan XD Platinum Reserve. I didn't see one in Chicago, but there was one at the Detroit show in January and it was quite the looker!
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I think more promotion will come in time. Fred Diaz is leading the show, so I'm sure this will garner more than a little attention for their trucks as time goes on.
That would make sense - the commercial I saw was probably just meant as a teaser to generate some general awareness that Nissan has some new product.

Is a teaser commercial a good use of resources? I don't generally care for them but maybe I'm still holding a bias against Nissan for their "rocks and trees" launch of Infiniti....

Concerning Diaz, I read a story in Automotive News a few months ago indicating he had essentially been demoted. I wonder what his mood and morale is toward Nissan these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
On the auto show circuit the Titan XD has been getting quite a bit of attention. At the Detroit auto show there were probably 4-5 Titan XD models that were easily accessible and at the Chicago auto show there were 3 XDs spanning three different trim levels.

The truck seems very well put together, but at the end of the day a Pro 4X with the diesel and moderate equipment can push $60k. Yikes! I would probably skip the look at off-road cred of the Pro 4X and go with the Titan XD Platinum Reserve. I didn't see one in Chicago, but there was one at the Detroit show in January and it was quite the looker!
Very interesting concerning the pricing.

Given the disaster Nissan has had with prior Titan sales you'd think they'd want to flood the market with value-priced trucks and steal some market share and then brag about it.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
tnpartsguy

And Nissan is going to lose the Cummins engine and go with a Renault engine.....
tnpartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote