Go Back   DealershipForum.com > European Franchises > Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche > Sales

Notices

Old 03-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #31
mryan55

Looks like some collateral damage in the US sales organization for VW of America today, as Michael Horn is out as CEO via a 'mutual agreement.'

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...oup-of-america

Other than this I am surprised with how little news there has been on Dieselgate, especially considering is pushing six months since VW admitted to the defeat devices.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #32
mryan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Here's an article from Reuters with more information - click here

Apparently the suggestion that the U.S. gov't is pressuring Volkswagen to build electric vehicles in the U.S. came from a German newspaper that didn't cite any sources.

I remember reading earlier stories from the German media that suggested the U.S. government was trying to inflict harm on Volkswagen so our U.S. OEMs would benefit. I don't think the Germans understand how truly dysfunctional our Federal Government is. Hell, Obama gave Chrysler away to Fiat so they could move their corporate headquarters to London - hardly an example of strategic economic development.
Not only did the FCA corporate headquarters move to London, the new entity is registered in the Netherlands as a naamloze vennootschap basically the equivalent to a British plc or our LLC.

Certainly the NV in FCA NV is for some tax benefit...
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #33
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Looks like some collateral damage in the US sales organization for VW of America today, as Michael Horn is out as CEO via a 'mutual agreement.'

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...oup-of-america

Other than this I am surprised with how little news there has been on Dieselgate, especially considering is pushing six months since VW admitted to the defeat devices.
The only thing I've briefly read on the Internet was a headline indicating that California may allow Volkswagen to come up with a solution that doesn't meet 100% of the existing emissions standard.

In fairness I haven't read the whole article but I'm betting California may allow VW to break the law if the check VW writes is big enough...
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote