Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 10-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Chrysler Special Tools auction on Proxibid

Sorry for the short notice but I just saw that Proxibid is having an auction of Chrysler Special Tools this Thursday. Here's a link to the Proxibid auction - click here

It appears the tools are from a closed Chrysler Dealership in Valley Bend, West Virginia.

The Buyer's Premium seems pretty reasonable - 8% for Proxibid bids with a 5% rebate if the items are paid for with cash/check.

If nothing else, it will be interesting to see what the market is for some of Chrysler's Special Tools.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Here's a recap of the auction sales results - ranked from highest selling price to lowest - click here

Concerning the prices, it appears most of the tools went for under $50 but then again I'm also somewhat surprised there's even a market for Special Tools for a vehicle like a Sebring which isn't likely to be serviced at a New Car Dealership.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
mryan55

Well... I guess these results give me a little vindication for not listing all of the duplicate tools we inherited a few years back after buying a ton of stuff from a closed point.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
Well... I guess these results give me a little vindication for not listing all of the duplicate tools we inherited a few years back after buying a ton of stuff from a closed point.
I imagine the tools might have sold for more if they were on Ebay where they would be exposed to a larger market for a longer duration of time but that can be a lot of work and might not be worth the effort.

I'm betting that whoever bought most of the tools did so with the hopes they'll resell them.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I imagine the tools might have sold for more if they were on Ebay where they would be exposed to a larger market for a longer duration of time but that can be a lot of work and might not be worth the effort.

I'm betting that whoever bought most of the tools did so with the hopes they'll resell them.
FCA is currently doing a tool audit during November, and what you don't have will be ordered for you from Snap-On ( Miller/SPX owner)
I would have had my tool inventory completed before this auction had I known about this audit earlier.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
FCA is currently doing a tool audit during November, and what you don't have will be ordered for you from Snap-On ( Miller/SPX owner)
I would have had my tool inventory completed before this auction had I known about this audit earlier.
Is FCA making the list of tools they're looking for available to the Dealers or are they keeping the list secret?

I recall a thread in AREA 51 a few years back where we had the tool list so Dealers could prepare for the audit.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Is FCA making the list of tools they're looking for available to the Dealers or are they keeping the list secret?

I recall a thread in AREA 51 a few years back where we had the tool list so Dealers could prepare for the audit.
Not this time... the audit is on-line.
You check off what you have and they automatically order and bill you for all the missing tools.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
Not this time... the audit is on-line.
You check off what you have and they automatically order and bill you for all the missing tools.
Thanks for the information.

And props to FCA - it appears the way they're handling the Special Tool audits is a lot better (less heavy handed) than what they've done in the past.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #9
dkaiser

I am currently going through a special tool "self audit". My service people tell me that we are short around $30k in tools! Does anyone have any suggestions? Any dealerships selling out?
dkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
steve_biegler

What tool numbers are you missing? There are several dealers that lost the franchise back in '09 and may have what you need, me being one of them. I would like nothing better than to take revenue away from Chrysler.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaiser View Post
I am currently going through a special tool "self audit". My service people tell me that we are short around $30k in tools! Does anyone have any suggestions? Any dealerships selling out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
What tool numbers are you missing? There are several dealers that lost the franchise back in '09 and may have what you need, me being one of them. I would like nothing better than to take revenue away from Chrysler.
I added some of my thoughts to your other thread but I also want to echo Steve's comment that you may want to post a list of the tools you're looking for since some of our members here are OLDCO dealers who got stuck with all of Chrysler's Special Tools when Chrysler went bankrupt.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #12
SBrittain

Steve B,
Could you please send me your contact info? We are a new Chrysler dealer (3 years old) after Lincoln Mercury closed this owners point. I will pass it on to the service manager so he can reach out to you when we find ourselves looking for tools we don't have.

steve.brittain at actonchrysler dot com
Steven
SBrittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #13
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBrittain View Post
Steve B,
Could you please send me your contact info? We are a new Chrysler dealer (3 years old) after Lincoln Mercury closed this owners point. I will pass it on to the service manager so he can reach out to you when we find ourselves looking for tools we don't have.

steve.brittain at actonchrysler dot com
Steven
Steve Biegler
1502 6th Ave SW
Aberdeen SD 57401
Biegler's C&S Motorsports
www.candsmotorsports.com
605-225-4533 Office
605-380-1290 Cell
steve_biegler@yahoo.com E-Mail

If you are new I would think Chrysler would have required you to buy all the necessary tools then. All mine will be pre 2009. But that doesn't mean they couldn't still use the same tools.
Anyway let me know if I can help.
Steve
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #14
TNtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaiser View Post
30K ? Since last year or has it been a while? wow!
TNtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #15
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtech View Post
30K ? Since last year or has it been a while? wow!
My thoughts exactly.

If a store is missing $30K in special tools it's either been a really long time since there was an audit/inventory and/or someone has cherry-picked the tool room and stolen some high dollar diagnostic equipment.