Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
79LilRedExpress

Exclamation Joe biden speaks at local chevy store

Mr Vice President Biden spent a lot of time with Joe Saffalino yesterday and today.

Last night it was dinner at a local Italian eatery, ice cream at DQ and a visit to the Staffilo's house.

Today, he went to the Staffilno Chevrolet dealership and spoke, for about 30 minutes, to an invitation only crowd.

It was covered live on local TV.
The link wasn't up yet but I'm sure it will be soon.

I'd like to hear comments from the Forum.

I'll start by saying Chevrolet has a new salesman! ( And GM = Gov't Motors )
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I've been trying to minimize my exposure to the whole election process since I know I'm going to be overloaded by the time November arrives.

Concerning Mr. Biden's appearance at a Chevrolet store, I'd have to guess that will do more harm to the dealer's business over time than good. To be fair, I'd make the same comment if the dealer hosted an engagement for Romney.

In my opinion, the number of people who WON'T buy a car from a particular dealer because of the Dealer's political views is a much higher number than the number of people who'll go out of their way to support the dealer because of the Dealer's political views.

Concerning the President trying to ride GM's momentum, personally I think that's a risky strategy because it gives the opposition an incentive to tell the American public what they don't know about the bailouts - essentially that the taxpayers lost $19 Billion to the OLDCO version of GM and Chrysler and GM received an additional tax break that's worth $16 Billion.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
The StraightShooter

"Several reporters were prevented from asking Vice President Biden questions at a campaign event in Ohio on Thursday."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...cs&ir=Politics

Gee I wonder why? Maybe cuz he's full of sh*t.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
ohiobuckeyes

Since I know Joe and a few of this sales team members, this was a big deal for them, but it was also a PITA for them as well.. The store was told on Thursday before the event happen, since the SS was in town. The SS made the dealership rearrange the lot for this event to the liking of the SS. General Motors shiped in a few truck loads of Chevrolet to the dealership for this event. Staffilino only stocks about 40 new vehicles, late wednesday night the lot was filled with about 100 new Chevrolet's. Since I drive past Staffilino's every day to work it was kinda hard to miss these new chevrolets. If you visit www.wtov9.com and scroll down to the videos you will see Joe and local anchor Eric Minor talking in a 5 min. invent.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
elmdodge

Looks like Joe better check His Floorplan !
elmdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
General Motors shiped in a few truck loads of Chevrolet to the dealership for this event. Staffilino only stocks about 40 new vehicles, late wednesday night the lot was filled with about 100 new Chevrolet's. Since I drive past Staffilino's every day to work it was kinda hard to miss these new chevrolets.
That's classic - instant prosperity complements of a few transport trucks...

Are you sure the extra vehicles came from General Motors? I wonder what the "Ship to/Sell to" on the Monroney says for each of the subject vehicles? I also wonder if the vehicles will stay or whether they'll follow Biden to his next appearance.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmdodge View Post
Looks like Joe better check His Floorplan !
Remember the old adage - "No good deed goes unpunished"
Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Default A couple of pictures from the event

I received a couple of pictures from the event.

Here's a picture with the dealership's General Sales Manager, Richard Vince, at the podium.

Last edited by XDCX; 05-18-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Changed spelling of the GM's name based on newspaper report
Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I received a couple of pictures from the event.

Here's a picture with the dealership's General Sales Manager, Rich Vinic, at the podium.

NOW HOLD ON ONE DOG GONE MINUTE.......is that the correct blue on the bottom of the building?????
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The StraightShooter View Post
"Several reporters were prevented from asking Vice President Biden questions at a campaign event in Ohio on Thursday."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...cs&ir=Politics

Gee I wonder why? Maybe cuz he's full of sh*t.
Did you notice the teleprompters to the left and right of the podium? I'm betting the Obama campaign has Biden on a pretty short leash.

I mean really, who needs a teleprompter when you're giving a short presentation at a dealership?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
Mr Vice President Biden spent a lot of time with Joe Saffalino yesterday and today.

Last night it was dinner at a local Italian eatery, ice cream at DQ and a visit to the Staffilo's house.
Joe Biden even purchased ICE CREAM for all the customers at the DQ and The Jefferson County Sheriff. Talk about our Tax Dollars at Work.

Times Leader Newspaper Article

Last edited by ohiobuckeyes; 05-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Joe Biden even purchased ICE CREAM for all the customers at the DQ and The Jefferson County Sheriff. Talk about our Tax Dollars at Work.

Times Leader Newspaper Article
Well, Ohio is one of the three battleground states that will likely decide the election. I'm sure you'll be see a lot more political visits between now and November.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
The StraightShooter

What filth. Artificial propping up of & propagation of a complete myth. Great dealers & businesman are not made by a government orchestrated contortion of bankruptcy laws.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Did you notice the teleprompters to the left and right of the podium? I'm betting the Obama campaign has Biden on a pretty short leash.

I mean really, who needs a teleprompter when you're giving a short presentation at a dealership?
This Blowhard probably needs a teleprompter to say his name correctly.
At a political event Biden told a man in a wheel chair to standup.
At another event he also reminisced about FDR giving a speech on TV after Pearl Harbor.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #15
crowe

Winston Churchill said it best.

America has the worst form of government, except for all the rest.

America always does the right thing after they exhaust all the other possibilities.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote