Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Service

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Hamler

Default Appointment reminder service

Wondering if any of you are using an appointment reminder service (text a customer 24 hours prior to appointment) and if you are, which service and how is the performance? Thanks for any input you can provide.
Hamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Hamler - Thanks for creating the thread - sorry you haven't received any responses.

While I don't have any information/recommendations concerning an appointment reminder service, I can tell you from personal experience that I hate to get unsolicited text messages.

Maybe I'm old-school, but I still prefer email messages over text messages. I'd welcome an email reminder, but I'd rather not receive a text reminder.

Concerning text messages, I may not be alone. I remember reading about a court case/settlement where Papa Johns was sued for sending unsolicited text messages to customers who had ordered a pizza from them. I guess a lot of people resented receiving unsolicited promotional offers.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
chryslersrt8

I receive text specials from my butcher. I would love if any of my doctors would use text reminders as appointments usually made 3-6 months in advance.

As for car repair reminders my kids would love it. I'm on the edge one way or the other. Most car appointments are within a day or two. Where I see its benefits is contacting customer if additional work is needed. Or that the car is done and the total.

It's just another way to keep the customer happy and hopefully coming back to the store.
chryslersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
ohiobuckeyes

Reynolds offers a product called Remindertrack. Very low cost I know a dealer in my area is a Chrysler under 300 bucks and brings in additional $20K in gross sales into the lane.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Reynolds offers a product called Remindertrack. Very low cost I know a dealer in my area is a Chrysler under 300 bucks and brings in additional $20K in gross sales into the lane.
Thanks for the information - that's a great testimonial for using new technology.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #6
fuzzmanmatt

My dentist uses a text reminder a few days before, and then the morning of. I love it. Anything you use should be opt-in, so you're not running into problems with people like XDCX who don't want/don't get text messages.
fuzzmanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
RWillimus

ADP's Customer Touch module works great for appointments and special order parts arrivals. Very little work to maintain.
RWillimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWillimus View Post
ADP's Customer Touch module works great for appointments and special order parts arrivals. Very little work to maintain.
RWillimus - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

Thanks for the information concerning ADP's Customer Touch - it's always great to hear a testimonial from someone who's using the product/service.