Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Firefighter charged with arson

OK, I'll admit a story about a Firefighter who's been charged with arson is hardly newsworthy. Sadly, it seems like there are several stories like this every year.

But this story is different, this Firefighter is a former Dealer Principal who owned a Ford Dealership. And he's not your average Dealer Principal, he's the one who was charged with bilking American Express out of $4 Million.

It was one of my favorite stories when I first started the forum - click here

Apparently the dealership was SOT and cash-strapped so the dealer processed 44 charges for $90K each through his credit card machine and American Express funded the transactions.

Now that same person is back in the news as a Firefighter who's been charged with arson. I guess his 15 minutes of fame are not over yet.

Here's a link to the most recent news report: http://www.startribune.com/local/nor...3aPc:_Yyc:aUUr

Last edited by XDCX; 04-11-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the link for the current news report
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote