Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > General Motors > Parts

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #46
57years

I have tried and tried to find a buyer for my parts. Tomorrow, Saturday, they are going in the dumpster. One transaction! I might split it into two, If there is sufficient sheet metal to justify a trip to the scrap-yard.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #47
John Schutz

I have a Chrysler dealer friend that has an auction. They auctioned off full bins so that they got good stuff and not so good stuff. We were able to make out real well because we bought not all but quite abit. Good luck
John Schutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #48
ohiobuckeyes

If you want to lose money 50 percent off to other GM dealership. Make a list and fax it over to other dealers. That is the way we moved out dealerships parts inventory with in 2-5 days. Good Luck!
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57years View Post
I have tried and tried to find a buyer for my parts. Tomorrow, Saturday, they are going in the dumpster. One transaction! I might split it into two, If there is sufficient sheet metal to justify a trip to the scrap-yard.
Wow, that's too bad but I'm sure you've exhausted all of your options.

I imagine in some ways it's better just to take the loss and try to close that chapter of the book. If you're like me I'd just get angry everytime I saw a GM part sitting on the shelf - it would remind me of the initial injustice.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #50
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwest View Post
I'm the semi new Parts Manager at a ex GM Dealership and am having problems liquidating my gm inventory, I have about $90k and the owner wants it moved in 1 or 2 transactions, any help woud be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
If you want to lose money 50 percent off to other GM dealership. Make a list and fax it over to other dealers. That is the way we moved out dealerships parts inventory with in 2-5 days. Good Luck!
sunwest - First post - Welcome to DealershipForum.

Concerning your parts situation, I think our member ohiobuckeyes has provided the best answer. If your Dealer only wants a 1 or 2 transaction deal he's not likely to get anything more than 50 cents on the dollar.

Maybe you could send a FAX to all of the GM dealers within 200 miles and let them know you want to sell off your old GM inventory to the highest bidder?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote