Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 04-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Dealership sues customer for $25K for damaging YouTube video

A report on Jalopnik indicates that a dealership is suing a long-time customer for $25,000 because the customer uploaded a video to YouTube that damages the dealership's image/reputation. Here's a link to the full report - click here

I haven't had a chance to watch the video but apparently the customer posted a video from the dash-cam of his car that shows the dealership overcharged for the amount of time it took to repair his vehicle.

The dealership contends the video has been edited and does not factor in all of the time the technician spent to diagnose and repair the vehicle. (Ironically, the installation of the dash-cam may have been the root-cause of the condition that the customer complained about.)

While I haven't studied this issue close enough to develop an informed opinion on which side is right, I was intrigued by the dealership's contention that the customer initially offered to remove the video from YouTube for a partial refund. Was that a peace offering or an ultimatum?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote