Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #61
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd3311 View Post
I never had a TC with the V-6, only the 2.4 turbo with the auto trans or the 2.2 with the Maserati cylinder head and Getrag manual trans. Almost all that were offered had the auto trans back then. A friend of mine still has his light yellow TC.
I still see a few of the TCs around but none of them seem to bring any real money. I know some people have predicted the TC would be a future collector vehicle given the low production volumes but it doesn't seem like the cars have much of a following yet.

I've noticed a couple of TCs with mechanical issues have been listed in the Phoenix edition of Craigslist for about $1000 each. That's a long fall from the days when Iacocca was hoping to sell them for $30K.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #62
79LilRedExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
also don't forget Mitsubishi built the zero and Chrysler built the corsair...
"Chrysler Corsair" I like that name.

I know... it was a GM name, but "An American Revolution" was a Dodge slogan long before GM used it.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #63
XDCX
Administrator

Default Fiat of Phoenix is under construction

I drove by AutoNation's CJDR store in Phoenix yesterday and noticed there's a new dealership being constructed nearby - the construction signs indicated it was the future location of Fiat of Phoenix.

I'm guessing this facility is being built by AutoNation. The building looked pretty small and I'm wondering if they're planning to use their existing CJDR facility for service and parts?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #64
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk View Post
driving lessons should have been included as most were ditched within 90 days of delivery.
I thought of this post when I saw this Viper being sold on Copart:

Not surprisingly the Viper's being sold with a "Bio-Hazard" disclosure.

I hate to see a nice car get destroyed and it's even worse to think that someone may have been hurt - or killed.

Here's a link to the car which includes more photos - it will remain active until the car is sold - click here
Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #65
ohiobuckeyes

Another Pittsburgh Non Chrysler Dealership award Fiat dealership Baierl Automotive in Wexford, PA. Baierl brands include - Cadillac Chevrolet Toyota Kia Honda Acura Scion. Also noticed on their website some about Fiat Foward Care which includes -

STANDARD COVERAGE

Forward Care is included with your FIAT 500 at no cost to you for the duration of the coverage period.

Includes:
4 years/50,000 miles Mechanical Coverage
4 years/50,000 miles First Day Car Rental up to $30. Extended $30 per day Rental Allowance for up to 5 days. Bodywork not included.
3 years/36,000 miles no cost Scheduled Maintenance
4 years of Roadside Assistance
4 years Trip Interruption coverage

I bet we could see alot of Chysler with this package...

http://www.baierl.com/dealer/baierl/...rward_care.cfm
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #66
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Another Pittsburgh Non Chrysler Dealership award Fiat dealership Baierl Automotive in Wexford, PA. Baierl brands include - Cadillac Chevrolet Toyota Kia Honda Acura Scion.
Thanks for the information - that's interesting.

While Auburn Hills likes to mention that they're still on track to have 130 Fiat Dealerships by the end of the year they fail to mention that it's not the same 130 they initially released. (See the first post of this thread for the original list of the 130 Fiat Dealers.)

The reality is some of the 130 original dealers have dropped out and Chrysler's now back-filling those locations with non-Chrysler dealers if they can find a viable cantidate. I also think Chrysler's expanding into new markets to fulfill the 130 dealer count objective if they determine there's no dealer interest in a given market.

Frankly, I don't fault Auburn Hills for keeping these developments quiet - it's not in their best interest to disclose that some of the original 130 Fiat dealers have dropped out or that there are some markets they have not been able to fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Also noticed on their website some about Fiat Foward Care which includes -

STANDARD COVERAGE

Forward Care is included with your FIAT 500 at no cost to you for the duration of the coverage period.

Includes:
4 years/50,000 miles Mechanical Coverage
4 years/50,000 miles First Day Car Rental up to $30. Extended $30 per day Rental Allowance for up to 5 days. Bodywork not included.
3 years/36,000 miles no cost Scheduled Maintenance
4 years of Roadside Assistance
4 years Trip Interruption coverage

I bet we could see alot of Chysler with this package...

http://www.baierl.com/dealer/baierl/...rward_care.cfm
I agree, that is a great coverage plan and I'm sure it's being administered by Chrysler Service Contracts. I wonder how much it would add to the price of a vehicle to have this coverage on all new Chrysler vehicles?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #67
XDCX
Administrator

Default Updated the list in the first post of this thread - Added Non-Chrysler Dealers

I updated the first post of this thread with the seven non-Chrysler dealers who have acquired a Fiat Franchise.

Here's the list of Fiat Dealership Locations approved by Chrysler and awarded to Non-Chrysler Dealers:
  1. Pembroke Pine, FL (Rick Case - Rick Case Automotive Group)
  2. Riverside, CA (Steven Kienle - Walter's Automotive Group)
  3. Dayton, OH (Janell Ross - Bob Ross Auto)
  4. San Antonio, TX (Stephan Cavender - Cavendaer Auto Group)
  5. Kansas City, MO (Larry Lefever - Northtowne Auto Group)
  6. Anaheim, CA (Dennis Hardin - Hardin Automotive)
  7. Tampa Bay, FL (Stephan Parks - Parks Motor Group)
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #68
XDCX
Administrator

Default Bill Luke joins the Fiat Dealer Network with a store in Tempe

I received an email the other day that Bill Luke has opened a new Fiat Dealership in Tempe.

Unlike a lot of the Fiat Dealers who build their Fiat Showroom near their existing CJDR facility so they could share their Fixed Operations, Luke's Fiat location is several miles away from his existing store.

The next time I'm in the Tempe area I'll have to make a point to check out Luke's new dealership.