Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Two years since Chrysler eliminated 789 Dealers

Two years since Chrysler eliminated 789 Dealers

June 9, 2011 marks the second anniversary of Chrysler's elimination of 789 Dealerships. It was a dark day two years ago and sadly Auburn Hills has done nothing to help heal the wounds they inflicted.

While Chrysler's made considerable progress over the past two years their treatment of the OLDCO dealers still tarnishes their image in my eyes.

The old adage is "Time heals all wounds" - maybe the adage is wrong or maybe it's too soon, but I don't think many wounds have healed.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Txflyer

No, I don't think many of them have either. Most of us have moved on but I doubt I will ever spend my money on another new Chrysler or GM vehicle.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
steve_biegler

9:30 central time.........another double Crown. Join me if you like.

This wound will not go away any time soon, as a matter of fact it has gotten bigger!

Last edited by XDCX; 06-17-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Removed text that could be interpreted as threatening
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
jayhawk

newco moves on, wer'e trying to move with it, history does have a habit of repeating itself, and my job , my responsibility to my people and my family, is to NEVER forget how truly unimportant we are, big picture. cio baby..
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #5
possum

I just had a new Grand Daughter born on the anniversary, and that is all that June 9th will ever mean to me anymore. "Chrysler" is NOT the center of the universe here any longer. I missed WAY too much in life, all the years with them, now its my time.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
57years

Hate has a bitter taste. Although I was GM, I've felt every bit of pain for you guys. I'm with Txflyer, never will I buy a product for personal use associated with either of the two unless, and only unless, they seek to returm my franchise. Cold day that will happen. I can't forget my 42 years of daily pedaling the product, abeit we were both winners. Good luck to those who carry on, and my warmest regards to those who didn't. I hope and pray to have solititude before I get dementia.
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Txflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
I just had a new Grand Daughter born on the anniversary, and that is all that June 9th will ever mean to me anymore. "Chrysler" is NOT the center of the universe here any longer. I missed WAY too much in life, all the years with them, now its my time.
That's the spirit! Life is too short to not attempt to make lemonade and move on. I've still got our "F.U." letter from GM, but the only reason I keep it is because I figure it might make for a good "historical document" sale on eBay sometime.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
ohiobuckeyes

Congratulations Possum !

Txflyer I will gladly start that bidding on that "historical document" at $1.00 USD. Then I can sell it to the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, they have a great display of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Just getting caught up and read this post for the first time.

Congratulations on the birth of your new Grand Daughter - that's a much better anniversary to share on June 9th every year.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote