Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
birch3x

Default Dealer Standards - Has your Earnings Level Dropped?

Dealer Standards - Has your Earnings Level Dropped?

We were Gold both previous quarters. Now, without changing anything, we're not even Bronze. They ratcheted up the minimum scores, and undescored us many points this time. I have a 'less than pleased' feeling about this.

Last edited by XDCX; 10-14-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Added large font title so thread can be featured on the Home Page
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
We were Gold both previous quarters. Now, without changing anything, we're not even Bronze. They ratcheted up the minimum scores, and undescored us many points this time. I have a 'less than pleased' feeling about this.
Talk about timing - I was on the phone with someone and we were discussing this exact issue and wondering if it was impacting a large number of dealers. As soon as I hang up the phone I read your post.

I think I'll create a new thread on this issue so more dealers are aware of this concern and have a chance to share their situation.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
birch3x

We even lost points for not offering mystery shoppers multiple choices of alternate tranportation on service appointments. Apparently our helicopter, submarine, and yacht were all broken down that day.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Dealer Standards - Has your Earnings Level Dropped?

OK, I created this thread and moved the posts to make sure this issue didn't get lost in the Dealer Standards Appeal Process thread.

This thread concerns your dealership's earnings level on Dealer Standards - Has it dropped over the past couple of quarters now that Chrysler has added more scoring criteria?

On the contrary, are there any dealers who have been able to increase their earnings level?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
SDCJ

Was Gold x2. Now bronze.
SDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
79LilRedExpress

We lost points for only getting name, address and phone number...
We didn't get(or ask for) E-mail address....
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79LilRedExpress View Post
We lost points for only getting name, address and phone number...
We didn't get(or ask for) E-mail address....
I heard a story this afternoon where a dealer got whacked for a deduction because his Service Advisor made some typographical error responding to a SGS e-mail. I'm not sure what the error was but the dealer felt loss of points wasn't fair and it left a bitter taste concerning the Dealer Standards program.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
ohiobuckeyes

Oh Yea we have been Gold Since the start now in the 3rd Quarter we are Bonze only 35 points from Silver. Which sucks b/c we are missing the easy stuff...sales not calling customers back also not kicking down the door and taking names, Assign work to an appropriately trained technician.

Also we did not get ponits for having the correct stock level on the lot. EARTH TO CHRYSLER WE ONLY HAVE 4 NEW CARS.... Also never gotten points for the Dealer.com (17)

Parts - Dealer required to maintain Mopar parts inventory based on Mopar guidelines and loyalty points.

I'm upset and pissed at the guys in the shop and the sales team for fing this up .....
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
Oh Yea we have been Gold Since the start now in the 3rd Quarter we are Bonze only 35 points from Silver. Which sucks b/c we are missing the easy stuff...sales not calling customers back also not kicking down the door and taking names, Assign work to an appropriately trained technician.
In your case it seems like your earning level dropped because some people in your store dropped the ball. In my opinion that shows the value of having a third-party evaluation - it has the ability to alert a dealer to problems he/she doesn't even know they have.

That said, I get the impression that most dealers are dropping levels because the scoring requirements are higher and there are more areas being scored.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
Upside

Went from Gold at two stores to bronze at one and zero at the other. With the 3rd quarter scoring matrix as it is, facility points alone can lock one out of gold. Oh well, hopefully the matrix will re-adjust for 4Q based on far fewer dealers hitting payout levels. I still believe in the program but Chrysler just went too far this Q.
Upside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside View Post
Oh well, hopefully the matrix will re-adjust for 4Q based on far fewer dealers hitting payout levels. I still believe in the program but Chrysler just went too far this Q.
Great comments and props for keeping a positive attitude.

There were posts on the forum when Dealer Standards made their first payment that Chrysler may have overspent their budget. Now I think Chrysler's raised the targets so high that they'll underspend and risk having dealers lose interest.

Hopefully Chrysler will re-adjust the matrix and fix the appeal process so dealers will continue to see Dealer Standards as a viable program.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
birch3x

We don't mind the third party evaluation at all. We really don't even mind the not-so-mystery shoppers, either. The idea behind the Dealer Standards program has obviously been to improve customer contact, emplyee satisfaction and work performance, and overall custoner satisfactio. What we don't like is the fluidity of the program rules. I think it should be left the same for a full calender year and see what happens.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
CDCJ

Exactly! Stop moving the target and give us a chance to get there. We moved from Bronze to Silver and now back to Bronze while our scores are higher each time.
CDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
Txflyer

We were silver (almost gold) 1st quarter, barely silver 2nd quarter, and now we won't even make bronze. What a load of BS.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
CDCJ

Default Way less payouts

Just got off a webinar and the Chrysler trainer said around 60% of the dealer body got paid the first quarter, around 75% the second quarter but only 35% for the 3rd quarter!
CDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote