Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Does your State Dealer Association (or NADA) publish a Monthly Dealer Sales Ranking?

For the dealers who belong to their State Dealer Association are you provided with a monthly sales ranking for all of the dealers in your state?

As an example, if you belonged to the Texas Automobile Dealers Association would you get a monthly listing of the sales results for all of the dealers in Texas?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
ohiobuckeyes

I used to get Cross Sell Reports which cost us around $100.00 a month and it showed the pump in to the county long with our sales, and they would send a complete list of Ranking for both New and Used In the state of Ohio.

I hear our local clerk of court will print out a list of title in which is ran for the month and it's around 10.00 but it shows All Titles Processed and not broken down into sold units.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
CarguyCO

We get a cross sell..not sure where it comes from but when it comes out everyone likes to huddle around it
CarguyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
I used to get Cross Sell Reports which cost us around $100.00 a month and it showed the pump in to the county long with our sales, and they would send a complete list of Ranking for both New and Used In the state of Ohio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyCO View Post
We get a cross sell..not sure where it comes from but when it comes out everyone likes to huddle around it
I used to love the Cross-Sell report too but it's not available in Arizona.

I called the Arizona Automobile Dealers Association and asked if there was a sales ranking list available and the person I spoke with indicated he thought the NADA compiled the data and made it available to member dealers on a monthly basis. I had never heard of that before which is the reason why I created this thread.

In an effort to drive more traffic to the forum I was thinking about creating a 2011 New Car Sales Ranking Report for Arizona and having dealers submit their results. I was concerned I might be "re-creating the wheel" that's why I called the Arizona Automobile Dealers Association and asked if a list was already available.

Bottom line - I agree with CarguyCo and think there's a real demand among dealers to know how all of the other dealers are doing.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
birch3x

Ours also comes from the State for about $100.00 / month. It's also been a useful tool to show salespeople that 'be backs' buy somewhere else. Certainly helps get TO's to a good closer. Nothing worse than seeing your prospects on someone else's sold list.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
It's also been a useful tool to show salespeople that 'be backs' buy somewhere else. Certainly helps get TO's to a good closer. Nothing worse than seeing your prospects on someone else's sold list.
That's a great point.

I remember a salty old GM I used to call on and he always used to say "The buyers are liars" meaning that a salesperson should never trust a customer when they say they'll be back or they'll never buy a car from another dealer.

I know the expression is pretty cynical but it's amazing how many times it rings true.