Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions Car People talking about something other than the Car Business – Is there life outside of the Dealership?

Old 10-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
The StraightShooter

Default Last Night's Presidential Debate

How would you score it?

Romney was on fire and came away looking very Presidential. Obama looked like he was on Xanax and folded like an empty cheap suit.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
steve_biegler

Agree, but my wife brought up a good point. How many Black/Mexican/Latino watched at all, let alone with an open mind? Believe me I am not racist, hell I would vote for a martian if he (or she) had a good plan, but I'm afraid many will vote without much thought.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
elmdodge

Thats where Marco Rubio and Condolezza Rice have to step in
elmdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
CL Pgh

Michael Moore... whom I can't stand... tweeted a great line last night during the debate:

"If Romney keeps this up... Obama will vote for him!"

I think we have a long way to go... but I feel Romney definitly righted a listing ship.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Michael Moore... whom I can't stand... tweeted a great line last night during the debate:

I think we have a long way to go... but I feel Romney definitly righted a listing ship.
I didn't watch the debate but that's an interesting concession from Michael Moore.

I read a few headline indicating that Romney's polling numbers are up after last nights debate. But I also agree with Steve's point, even a great performance isn't significant if it's not viewed by too many people who will actually vote.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
57years

There is a small number of people who make a "difference" in this election. Most voters made up their mind months ago. Hispanics, blacks, Jews, union stewards, alternate lifestyle personages, taxpayers...all made up their minds and didn't watch with an open mind. The debate was a "reality show" to find the biggest blunder. The Moochers versus the Producers. Please read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Signed...John Galt!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post

It appears that even Obama is acknowledging that he faired poorly in the last debate. Here's a link to the story by the Wall Street Journal - click here
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote