Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Regional Forums > Southwest Region > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Question What's up with Manteca Dodge?

I read a newspaper report indicating that Manteca Dodge is going to be taken over by the Curt Hughes Automotive Group.

The newspaper reported that Curt Hughes had previously sold the dealership to his son-in-law and is in the process of filing paperwork with the DMV to take over the dealership.

Is this a reflection of the economy in Northern California or is there more to the story?

Here's a link to the newspaper report: http://www.modbee.com/business/story/239296.html
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Was Curt Hughes Dodge the store with the big plant?

I remember that there was a single point Dodge Dealership in Northern California that had a huge plant growing in the showroom floor. Was that Curt Hughes Dodge?

As I recall the plant was some type of rubber tree and grew along the ceiling and wrapped around the showroom. It must have been over 100 feet long.

Did they tear down that old Curt Hughes facility when they built Manteca Dodge?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Question What's the deal with "Real Deal"?

I checked out Manteca Dodge's website to see if there was any information about the change of ownership. Although there wasn't any information about the current operations, there was a link to a reality series the dealership participated in - The Real Deal.

I watched a few episodes on the Internet - the show is similar to the "King of Cars" and featuring a behind the scenes look at the retail car business.

Here's a link to the website for The Real Deal: http://therealdeal.tv/

Was The Real Deal a show that was designed to sell cars or was it just a P.R. campaign?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Default Manteca Dodge is back in the news....

Manteca Dodge is back in the news. A newspaper report indicates that the shuttered dealership has become a magnet for thieves and vandals.

The greatest concern may be that the deal jackets remain on the site - providing easy access to customer names, addresses, social security numbers, etc.

The dealership has been closed since last summer and the Dealer Principal is rumored to be living in Texas.

Here's a link to the news report: http://mantecabulletin.com/news/article/744/