Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
bcarter

Default New to car sales

So the name is Brad and I am possibly the newest car salesman in the world at the moment. Just kidding but I am very new. I have been at it for almost three weeks and thought that I would say hello. I am prior military and this job kinda fell at my feet after getting out. I am enjoying it so far but still just getting into the hang of things. I believe that I am lucky that my dealership is as amazing as it is. I have recieved more help than I thought that I would. Overall not a bad experience so far, though just two sales up to this writing. Guess I will sit back now and let yall do your thing.
bcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
jayhawk

hope your store has joe verde like training available,, if so,, devour it. stay fresh, stay enthused, stay out of the "huddle" and youll always feel good about what youve chosen to do, and you should make above average income. also, stay out of management.
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
steve_biegler

Welcome to the forum Brad, and THANKS for your service to our great country. Lots of great people here with years of experience, hopefully we can help you along your journey. Jay is exactly right Joe Verde is super training.....down to earth great stuff. Keep your chin up, the sales will come, just treat people like you would like to be treated.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
57years

Thanks for your service for our country! Welcome to the business and the forum! What brand do you represent??
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
79LilRedExpress

Ditto on the Military Service....

Welcome...
It is still a wonderful business to be in.
79LilRedExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Moparguy

Dear Brad...welcome to the Chrysler family...I think. After 46 years with Chrysler I would not recommed becoming a Chrysler dealer to anyone. Good luck, don't believe anything they tell you, be true to your self and your customers and you just might survive. Over time you will learn that they no little about what they are telling you and they most definately do not walk the walk when it comes to their dealers. You are truely expendable. In the old days it was said that the automobile business makes millionairs. Then it became...it take a millionair to become an automobile dealer. And now the quickest way to stop being a millioinair is to become a Chrysler dealer. Beware of the future with this company...I do not forsee positive things for US dealers. Walter P. must be like a rotisserie in his grave. I wish I could be more positive, but I have lived to see this company destroy so many lives with greed, poor management and no vision.
I say this with all passion and that is that there is no passion within Chrysler. Only greed and contempt. Good luck...prove me wrong.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
The StraightShooter

Default Truth

There's no good mf'rs then there is Chrysler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
Dear Brad...welcome to the Chrysler family...I think. After 46 years with Chrysler I would not recommed becoming a Chrysler dealer to anyone. Good luck, don't believe anything they tell you, be true to your self and your customers and you just might survive. Over time you will learn that they no little about what they are telling you and they most definately do not walk the walk when it comes to their dealers. You are truely expendable. In the old days it was said that the automobile business makes millionairs. Then it became...it take a millionair to become an automobile dealer. And now the quickest way to stop being a millioinair is to become a Chrysler dealer. Beware of the future with this company...I do not forsee positive things for US dealers. Walter P. must be like a rotisserie in his grave. I wish I could be more positive, but I have lived to see this company destroy so many lives with greed, poor management and no vision.
I say this with all passion and that is that there is no passion within Chrysler. Only greed and contempt. Good luck...prove me wrong.
The StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
SDCJ

Ignore the negative. It's a great business to be in.
SDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
Moparguy

It was...for many years. Chrysler has learned how to make it alot more difficult than it has to be. We had many good years with Chrysler, but since Bob Eaton, and then the sale to the Germans, the business has not been so much fun. I do wish you Good luck but I also warn you to beware.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
John Schutz

Welcome Brad. Thank you for our freedom. I have been in the business fo40plus years Ijust got back from a Jim Ziegler f&i conference I am fired up once again I know some guys like Verde but I would recommend the sales to success DVD. Best of luck the mad mutt.
John Schutz is offline   Reply With Quote