Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
rlnstns

Default New from Indiana

Hey everyone. I just signed up today and I have a question. I am fairly new to F and I process and I'm curious if any of you have any "words of wisdom" for me?
rlnstns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
zep33

Can't help with your question cause I'm just a little parts guy but welcome
zep33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnstns View Post
Hey everyone. I just signed up today and I have a question. I am fairly new to F and I process and I'm curious if any of you have any "words of wisdom" for me?
Welcome to DealershipForum....

Concerning any "words of wisdom" you may want to check out the following thread when you get a chance - click here The thread is a collection of posts where members from another forum exchanged ideas about selling service contracts and overcoming customer objections. The thread is almost four years old but I think you'll find it's still worth your time to check it out.

We also have one of our long-time members who recently was promoted to F&I but he's been too bashful to let everyone know. Maybe we can create a new thread - "Questions and Answers for the new F&I Manager" and exchange some ideas?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
birch3x

I've been wearing a lot of hats over the years but one thing is constant. F & I is the single most profitable deparment in a dealership. It's also what keeps deals closed and gets them signed and delivered. Everyone has things that work best for them, and I think success revolves around 2 key items. One is a seamless TO to F & I, the other is deciding whether or not to use a menu. Profits add up quickly if the same treatment is given to every customer, and clear explanations of what they're getting is essential to good business. One can always tell is salespeople are helping customers avoid products, and a high cancellation rate of products is an indication of 'stuffing' them. F&I is my favorite part of the business.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
zohpy

Love F&I and been loving it for 30+ years. There are several forums out there that are F&I specific and could have just what you are looking for. The Pearls of Wisdom thread comes to mind. Could be what the X-man has linked above as I haven't checked. If you have any specific questions please feel free to PM me. Not around as much now but I do check in from time to time.
zohpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
rlnstns

thanks all for the link and words. I have been in the car business off and on for a few years and got to the point where selling just wasn't any fun anymore. This opening came and we are a small independent dealer which I thought would be a good learning process.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
steve_biegler

Good luck to you! One thing that took me some time to realize was the people that can least afford credit life / accident and health are the ones that need it the most. If you have empathy for people sometimes its hard to sell those products to someone that doesn't have much, but when you see the ins. paying their payments after an accident stops employment for a period of time it worth it.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
rlnstns

Everyone who responded, thanks much. X-man, the thread you sent me was fantastic. I actually used the closes and it has worked on more deals than not. Thanks again
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnstns View Post
Everyone who responded, thanks much. X-man, the thread you sent me was fantastic. I actually used the closes and it has worked on more deals than not. Thanks again
Glad to hear the "Pearls of Wisdom" thread was helpful.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote