Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions Did you just join our community? Post here and introduce yourself – where do you work and what do you do?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
lexie

Default Good morning!

Just joined the forum this past Friday. Looking forward to seeing everything that is going on here and picking up some good tips and hopefully advice! I am the parts and service director at a Nissan dealership in GA. Started as a receptionist, moved up to service writer, filled in for our warranty clerk when she was out on maternity leave, went back to service writing and did that for five years. Now I've moved to management.
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
lsx only

congrats this is a great place to hang out and learn!!!!!!!!!!!!
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
birch3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsx only View Post
congrats this is a great place to hang out and learn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. And one very positive point about this forum, to me, is that topics don't deteriorate into arguments like they do on other forums. Keep up the good work, all.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
lsx only

dont forget area 51 that place rocks!!!
lsx only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

lexie - Welcome to DealershipForum and thanks for creating an introduction thread.

The forum's still small but there's a great group of people hear and as birch3x pointed out, everyone gets along. Arguments are rare here and most of them end with an "agree to disagree" mentality where everyone can remain friends.

Congratulations on your career progression. That's one thing I always liked about automotive retail is there are advancement opportunities for those who are willing to take on more responsibility.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
lexie

Thanks so much! Being a 26 year old, female service manager has not been easy. Most of my technicians were here while I was writing service and the transition from co-worker-friend to boss has not been an easy one, for me or them. I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to interacting with everyone on here!
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexie View Post
Thanks so much! Being a 26 year old, female service manager has not been easy. Most of my technicians were here while I was writing service and the transition from co-worker-friend to boss has not been an easy one, for me or them. I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to interacting with everyone on here!
Wow, good for you. I bet you're one of the youngest female Service Managers in the country.

Back in the old days when Chrysler had 25 Zone Offices it was standard procedure to relocate a person when they received a major promotion. It was for the exact reasons you mentioned - it's hard for everyone in the organization when an employee goes from co-worker to boss. For Chrysler, they determined it was worth the cost to relocate the employee so they could get a fresh start in a new area with employees who were never their coworkers.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexie View Post
A dealer once told me never become friends with your co-works, you never know when you have to FIRE them. And at 28 either my co-workers are older or younger them me.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote