Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Moparguy

Default New Signage and Furniture

Has anyone looked at the new "Dealer Standard" for signage and showroom furniture. You do know that you will be graded on this, and you will not get your D/S points if you do not have the new signage...oooh. What is confusing is that in the text...if you read about it...it says that the signage will be owned by the dealer. We have to pay for it, pay for it to be installed, and then it is the property of the dealer... What happens to the exisiting long term signage agreements that many of us signed a few years ago for hundreds of dollars a month. Is that old agreement null and void if we sign up for the new signs... it does not say. Then there is the issue with the new standing towers and seat that you need for your showroom for each brand. Realize that each one of them has to be powered and connected to the web. How do you do that in the middle of the showroom floor ? How do you get power and a web connection (unless it is wireless) if you do not have plugs in the floor already. If you run the wires from the ceiling down, then you may have a problem with moving the tower around if needed. It is a total rip off and an clear case of Chrysler Management who has no retail experience. Do we want customers to shop on thier own or to be assisted by a salesperson. What happens when you have more than one customer for the same brand ? What happens when the system goes down...and we all know how reliable dealer connect is. This showroom tower/kiosk deal costs over 10K per brand. And oh yes, remember...you will not get you dealer standards points if you do not buy it...
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

We're one step ahead of you on this topic.

Here's a link to the thread where we addressed the new signage and furniture program - click here

If you have any misgivings about writing a $55K check for showroom furniture, just read post #14 and you'll feel better....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
Moparguy

Got an e-mail today requesting that we fill out the forms to order the $55,000.00 worth of showroom towers and furniture from Chrylser. Oooh golly, they are event offering 12 month financing at 0%. I can get a better deal buying a car. Needless to say, I declined to take advantage of the offer due to uncertain economic times and taking into consideration Chrysler LLC remaining a viable entity in the future. If you are a dealer, you should strongly consider not signing up. What is the worse that can happen...you loose your Dealer Standards points... Whoopie....
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
LJS

I for one will not be signing up.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Moparguy

If no one signs up they will have an aweful lot of "Towers" on thier hands. Maybe then they will lower the price to a reasonable $5K
Old 07-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
ohiobuckeyes

We just ordered ours for $2K its is a steal with the $10K off sticker. And to finance it at 0% for 12 months its like buyin a car. Can not wait to see them.

The sign people are coming as well this month since we have the P2100 signs it's all Free from what we hear. Looks like is a win win for our dealership.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
LJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckeyes View Post
We just ordered ours for $2K its is a steal with the $10K off sticker. And to finance it at 0% for 12 months its like buyin a car. Can not wait to see them.

The sign people are coming as well this month since we have the P2100 signs it's all Free from what we hear. Looks like is a win win for our dealership.
You are joking right?
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS View Post
You are joking right?
I think the fact he mentioned the word "free" while discussing anything about a Chrysler signage program is a good indication he's pulling our leg...
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
Moparguy

The sign program says that the dealer will pay for the signs and the installation of the signs. If you are a quad, that could be as much as 35K
As for the towers, the dealer above must be a single franchise store. For a quad, the cost is 55K and that includes the so called 10K discount. On monday the new price will be 65K. What a joke.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
MICDJDLR

I can provide a little more info on the signage situation. I spoke to a rep at Chrysler's signage company, Principle Global, and they told me the same thing. Since we were a dealer w/current P-whatever signage that they (Chrysler) would pay to retrofit our dealership w/the new signage for free. This would include a new skin for our ground sign, and new Chrysler, Dodge & Ram signage for the fascia. The Jeep logo hasn't been changed so if we want that to match (new=led) then we would have to pay for that on our own.

The sign company said that they would have a company come out and do a survey of our store and get back w/us regarding the install.

Wow, I thought this is fantastic. Then, I started to come back to reality and wonder what the heck I was missing.....so, I called my DM.

Yeah - here's what he told me: Chrysler is paying for the retrofit (removal and new installation) but the dealer will pay for the new signs. The dealers that are qualifying for the "free" retrofit are the dealers that are currently paying leases for their signage. The deal is Chrysler wants to eliminate those leases, so, they are expecting the dealers to payoff their current lease and BUY the new signs as they are no longer offering leases.

Yep, there it is.....
MICDJDLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
ohiobuckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS View Post
You are joking right?
Yep! Its was a JOKE! Why spend that money when we are a Profitable business.

But got an email from Scott at IM Chrysler's supplier for these towers here is how it breaks down.....

LARGE SHOWROOM:
2,000+ s.f. is a Large Showroom and can accommodate 8 towers and 4 signs (4 car showroom or more)

MEDIUM SHOWROOM:
1,000 - 2,000+ s.f. is a Medium Showroom and can accommodate 4 towers (4 car showroom or less)

SMALL SHOWROOM:
1,000 s.f. or less is a Small Showroom and can accommodate 1 fixture with I-showroom (2 car showroom or less)

SINGLE SALON:
500 s.f. minimum or more for single salon... can accommodate 1 fixture with I-showroom (2 car showroom or less)

Right now all that is available is a full-eight-tower four brand sign package ($55K through tomorrow, $65K after that) or a four primary tower, four brand sign package ($51K). Individual brand studio packages consisting of two towers and one brand sign are $20,000.
ohiobuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICDJDLR View Post
The dealers that are qualifying for the "free" retrofit are the dealers that are currently paying leases for their signage. The deal is Chrysler wants to eliminate those leases, so, they are expecting the dealers to payoff their current lease and BUY the new signs as they are no longer offering leases.

Yep, there it is.....
Thanks for the information - that fits with what other dealers have reported.

As I understand it, for most dealers any changes to the Corporate Brand Sign will require writing a big check.