Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Ford > Sales

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
AR2

Default 2013 Ford Fusion

Well, here it is... the 2013 Ford Fusion.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/2.../#aol-comments

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_first_look/

Will this new sedan dominate the midsize sedan market? Its hybrid option is supposed to get 44 mpg highway and 47 mpg city, and it comes with a long list of impressive features/options. The only concern is that a V-6 will not be offered at this time - only 4-cylinder and 4-cylinder turbo engines will be available.
AR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

I haven't had a chance to read the links yet but I'm guessing a V6 engine is no longer that important to buyers of mid-sized vehicles as long as the four cylinder provides adequate power.

It reminds me of the days when Chrysler was pushing their 2.2 liter turbo four cylinders because they didn't have a V6 that would fit in a FWD vehicle.

On a different note, it appears Ford has positioned themselves very well in the event gas prices spike upwards again. (Both with cars and trucks.)
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
AR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I haven't had a chance to read the links yet but I'm guessing a V6 engine is no longer that important to buyers of mid-sized vehicles as long as the four cylinder provides adequate power.

It reminds me of the days when Chrysler was pushing their 2.2 liter turbo four cylinders because they didn't have a V6 that would fit in a FWD vehicle.

On a different note, it appears Ford has positioned themselves very well in the event gas prices spike upwards again. (Both with cars and trucks.)
Regarding the V-6 model, I believe the take rate for the 4 cylinder in mid-size sedans is higher than the V-6. I guess Ford saw that and decided that was the way of the future. My concern is that Ford (and Chevy, Buick, Hyundai)are leaving themselves wide open for a competitor to come in and offer a smoother, more powerful engine. Not everybody wants to deal with a turbo. We saw that when Chrysler Corporation had nothing but 4 cylinder turbos to offer in its mid-size sedans.

On the flipside, there are rumors that there could be a performance Fusion coming out with a V-6 engine. I guess we'll see.

Ford is certainly going for the mpg crown and that looks to be the right move. However, one can over-think this fuel efficiency thing and produce nothing but small-engined products with weak performance. Let's hope Ford doesn't go that far and understands that people still want a good combination of power and fuel economy.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
AR2

It sounds like the 2013 Fusion dominated the North American International Auto Show. It won the "Best in Show" award from Autoweek, Autoextremist, and Autoblog (to name a few), as well as the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology’s "EyesOn Design" award. I'm sure it won other awards that I am not aware of, but it seems to be unanimous that the 2013 Fusion stole the show.

http://www.blueovalnews.com/Ford_Mot...auto-show.html
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Thumbs up I'm impressed - Great Job Ford

I had a chance to read the AutoBlog report and I'm really impressed with the new Ford Fusion.

The part that's most remarkable to me is Ford's really launching three new cars on one platform - a traditional powertrain, a Hybrid powertrain and a plug-in Hybrid like the Volt.

Concerning the traditional powertrain, I was impressed to see that Ford's offering a turbocharged four cylinder that provides more horsepower than the 2.4 liter engine that powered the original Dodge SRT-4.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #6
KevinDavis

The 2013 Ford Fusion enters into the market with handsome styling.Its bold grille, curvaceous sheet metal and a slightly longer and wider body give the new Fusion a sportier look.It is like a midsize sedan with 5 passenger seat with 4 doors.When it comes to safety it has special emergency crash notification feature that automatically dials 911,also it has blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, driver drowsiness detection and lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, and collision warning with brake intervention.
KevinDavis is offline   Reply With Quote