Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 09-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #1
steve_biegler

Default A must read.

To everyone new to the forum, please take time to read this article. Many that were on the forum lived through this. Hard to believe this could happen in the USA, but it did.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...long-road-back
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
DealerEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_biegler View Post
To everyone new to the forum, please take time to read this article. Many that were on the forum lived through this. Hard to believe this could happen in the USA, but it did.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...long-road-back
thx Steve...and Jeff....couldn't help but add my two cents to the comments
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
57years

Great story...not a happy ending yet, as I hear dealers who fight and win have a problem holding the franchise when they can not make the sales numbers required by their factory. She says in the article there are some problems with meeting them. I hopeshe can throw it in their face!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #4
Jeff Duvall

That's not been the case for us,
but then again our MSR is so low it's not been hard to hit our numbers.
Jeff Duvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
steve_biegler

A little video on the subject. I really respect the emotion at the end when speaking about her Dad. I know how she feels.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...s-specialvideo
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #6
DealerEx

Very nice story. I can see and hear the emotion in her voice and face. I get choked up when explaining to people what happened sometimes, and I was already out, but seeing what was being done to dear friends of mine just tore me up. I knew there was no question that I would have been in that group of 789 had I still been the dealer. I felt so bad for the people I had sold to, that I released them from their non-cancellable lease on the property that still had 2 years to run.
DealerEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
jayhawk

today the head of wells fargo is being grilled by congress for "aggressive" sales targets given to their employees to sell products to their customers that they did not request. the employees, 5000 of whom were fired for trying to "hit their numbers", so far are the only ones paying any price for wells deceit.

will anyone ever pay a price for falsifying sales reports or instigating stair step programs, service loaner programs and etc., solely to inflate corporate sales numbers and ultimately stock prices??

my guess?, probably some poor rising star will get hung out to dry with everyone else proclaiming their innocence,

your thoughts??
jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #8
mryan55

I know I have been pretty quiet on here as of late, but I have a personal connection to this story now. I have relocated back to the Detroit area where I grew up and am now filling the sales manager role for this dealership. I was employed by a fellow member of the 789 in 2009 and spent the intervening years in Indiana. It is good to be back home, and to help push the store's numbers to the next level, step by step.
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #9
57years

Very good to hear you are in your "home run" territory. Good Luck and smart selling!
57years is offline   Reply With Quote