Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #31
CJDman

Received one pre-spec that is showing build date of 5/27/10. Have 4 more scheduled (all in D) and got allocation for 3 more.

Last edited by CJDman; 05-18-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling
CJDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #32
MisterM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I've been trying to get an idea how fast Chrysler's going to ramp-up production of the '11 GC in an effort to guage how much of an impact it will make on sales in the coming months.
Total for May will be approx. 3,500. Higher of course for June and beyond, probably shouldn't post specific numbers.

Last edited by MisterM; 05-18-2010 at 03:48 PM.
MisterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #33
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
Total for May will be approx. 3,500. Higher of course for June and beyond, probably shouldn't post specific numbers.
Thanks for the information. Given that it's a brand new vehicle (and a brand new Pentastar V6) that's an impressive ramp-up.

Let's hope GMAC offers an aggressive three year lease and the dealers will have a vehicle that will help get them out of "hibernation."
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:46 AM   #34
XDCX
Administrator

Default Chrysler releases "drool-worthy" video of '11 GC

It's no secret that I think Marchionne's decision to keep the '11 GC hidden from the public is a mistake.

After months of waiting Chrysler finally released pictures of the '11 GC to the media yesterday and while there was some coverage, I think the event was mostly lost in the news. Friday will be the big launch at Jefferson with Marchionne and the Governor of Michigan - maybe this will generate more media coverage.

Concerning the "drool-worthy" video, it can be found in this report - click here
Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #35
XDCX
Administrator

Default Today's the big launch event at the Jefferson Plant

Well, today's the day Marchionne officially launches the '11 GC to the public. It will be interesting to see how much media coverage the event receives.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #36
birch3x

I agree w X-man. The best opportinity for a sales home run in a long time. The ,11 GC info needs to be out in news media now. If a few units as tasers are all we get, the competition will be all over it. Volume need to be available early fall, with good incentives and a sensible lease.
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #37
Txflyer

CNN has a piece on the new Grand Cherokee:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...kee/index.html
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #38
crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer View Post
CNN has a piece on the new Grand Cherokee:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...kee/index.html
That’s a very short piece.
I hope they get a lot more coverage
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #39
MisterM

Here is the press release text along with 8 images showing the new Grand Cherokee being built:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_jefferson_north.htm
Old 05-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #40
Txflyer

CNN interview with Jennifer Granholm and Sergio in the new Jeep Factory:

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2010...okee.cnnmoney/

Worth a watch.
Txflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #41
CL Pgh

I found this vid. earlier... another decent piece for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_a4a0LdZk

Almost forgot... went to the Go To Market meeting today and they showed us a commercial on the new Grand Cherokee... Very Good!!! No Chit! Nothing dark or wierd... it'll build a little pride in ya.

But wait, there's more... we're getting TWO brochures (really) on this unit. One is a coffee table type brochure and the other brochure (normal type handout) has a pull out of the specs... they want customers to take this spec sheet with them when they shop our GC against the competition.

This third piece sounds familiar, maybe X-Man will recognize it? ... the Grand Cherokee will have a smart phone app. type brochure you can download (free). Personally... I think this is a must on every vehicle we sell!!! I have lot attendants that can't afford to buy boots for winter use... but they have a smart phone of some sort!

Last edited by CL Pgh; 05-21-2010 at 05:16 PM.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #42
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
Here is the press release text along with 8 images showing the new Grand Cherokee being built:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_jefferson_north.htm
Thanks for the link, that's a great write-up.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #43
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Almost forgot... went to the Go To Market meeting today and they showed us a commercial on the new Grand Cherokee... Very Good!!! No Chit! Nothing dark or wierd... it'll build a little pride in ya.

But wait, there's more... we're getting TWO brochures (really) on this unit. One is a coffee table type brochure and the other brochure (normal type handout) has a pull out of the specs... they want customers to take this spec sheet with them when they shop our GC against the competition.

This third piece sounds familiar, maybe X-Man will recognize it? ... the Grand Cherokee will have a smart phone app. type brochure you can download (free). Personally... I think this is a must on every vehicle we sell!!! I have lot attendants that can't afford to buy boots for winter use... but they have a smart phone of some sort!
CL - Great post - thanks for the info.

A great new vehicle with decent commercials and brochures - it's almost too much to ask for.

Concerning the smart phone app, I agree entirely. Great idea and it should be something Chrysler offers with all their vehicles.

BTW - I love the comment about your lot attendants. I read a report on the Internet just the other day the smart phones can become so integral to a person's life that they're one of the last things to get cut when money starts to get tight.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #44
ssdd

for the first time in a LONG time I am proud of Chrysler...

The nearly 3-million-square-foot assembly plant, located in Detroit, has been the site of Grand Cherokee production since its introduction in 1992. In fact, Chrysler Group is the only automotive manufacturer still producing vehicles in the city of Detroit.
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #45
MisterM

Default 2011 GC arrives at PA dealer

On the lot at Jeff D'Ambrosio Auto Group in Downingtown PA -

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pks-Igg71X4