Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #76
ssdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
I've noticed that too. The new agency really seems to be proud of the two red slashes they've added to the Dodge Brand Logo - I don't get it.
they stole the two slashes from the str brand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Maybe the new agency determined that a certain element of "mind control" is necessary to sell Calibers to the masses.
I hope they get that figured out...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #77
CL Pgh

I didn’t care for the commercial either… but surprisingly enough… it seems to be doing fairly well. MSNBC has a SB commercial reader vote going and based on a lowest to highest rating (drop down box) it’s right in the middle of the pack and currently beating several commercials that I did like. Check it out… I had to look at it twice just to make sure I wasn’t reading it wrong. (site takes a second to load.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35224995...uper_bowl_xliv

EDIT:

So I went hunting for additional SB commercial polls:

USA Today rankers has the Dodge ad coming in at number #23 out of #63 commercials.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advert...010admeter.htm

The more I look at the polls for the SB commercials… the more I’m surprised. Make that pleasantly surprised!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/08/p...rcial-of-2010/
(vote and be surprised)

http://marketing.autos.aol.com/2010/...d-quarterback/

Last edited by CL Pgh; 02-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #78
Ralph

In my humble opinion, which means nothing, the commercial itself isn't the issue, it's the intent and planning behind it. I think it would be hard for anyone on the street to argue with the statement, 'Chrysler has a bad image, many still think they're bankrupt, and most have no idea what they're doing to survive."

If you have only one bullet in the gun, you'd better make it work. I'd surmise what people liked about it was the wording and not the vehicle or the message, (whatever that was concerning Chrysler's intent to survive). Again, in my opinion, if I had only one shot, I'd have made a Chrysler in total commercial, and tried to get the message across that they're real, they're trying, they're going to make it and people should be comfortable buying a Chrysler product, and they're good people with good products. If one wished to spotlight only one product, which I disagree with, use one with more universal appeal. There isn't going to be a rush on Chargers as a result of that ad, nor I believe did it change or alter the general public's opinion of Chrysler.

that's just me, and I just a dope in NH. :-)
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #79
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
CL, great find - that is impressive.

I did love the portion of the commercial that showed the car and the growl of the Hemi. Maybe that's what the other voters are responding to?

On a side note, I also loved the Audi commercial with the Green Police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL Pgh View Post
Sorry, but I can't get past who the author of the story is to read any of the content.

In my opinion, Julie Roehm was an absolute ZERO when she was at Chrysler. Her greatest claim to fame was Dodge's sponsorship of the Lingerie Bowl.

She left Chrysler for the top marketing position at WalMart and proceeded to created a failed advertising campaign that many felt was responsible for WalMart's two year tailspin of disappointing revenues and earnings.

WalMart finally kicked her to the curb when it was alleged she was sleeping with one of her subordinates. As I recall, she sued WalMart and lost.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #80
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
There isn't going to be a rush on Chargers as a result of that ad, nor I believe did it change or alter the general public's opinion of Chrysler.

that's just me, and I just a dope in NH. :-)
I agree, in fact that's my biggest frustration with the Super Bowl commercial.

Chrysler's got a great product with the Ram Truck and the dealers have over 46,000 units in inventory. Sales of the Ram were down 22% last month while sales of the F-Series were up 10%.

I'll never understand why the execs in Auburn Hills decided they needed to spend $4+ Million advertising a vehicle that barely sells 1,000 units a month at retail. Hell, there are only 7,000 Chargers in inventory, how many did they hope to sell?

I understand that their objective was not just to sell Chargers but to strengthen the Dodge brand but I still think the commercial was a huge waste of resources.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #81
XDCX
Administrator

Default AutoExtremist loved the commercial - Three Green Arrows

I just read this week's edition of the AutoExtremist and was surprised to read that he loved the Dodge Charger commercial and gave it Three Green Arrows.

As I've stated before, I find that I'm in agreement with Peter De Lorenzo 85+% of the time. This is one of the exceptions....
Old 02-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #82
possum

Its been long enough to start looking at numbers.....has interest in the Charger picked up since the ad, or hits on the web? Kia is reporting recored inquiries after its spot.

The most interest will be within a few days of the ad.
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #83
LJS

I've got some Chargers in stock, we haven't had any lookers at all. In fact the last inquiry we had on a Charger was somebody from SGS!
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #84
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS View Post
In fact the last inquiry we had on a Charger was somebody from SGS!
That's hilarious.

I wonder how many other Chrysler dealers would be able to say the exact same thing?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #85
Ralph

I have one in the showroom and one on the lot. No test drives, no comments nada. I sit in the showroom all day right in front of it, and have not heard one person comment on the ad when looking lazily at the Charger while waiting for their oil change. ZERO effect here...and lets see the sales rate for February. I predict no change from January. 6 million pissed down the drain. Only the Mopar nuts loved it and blogged about it. N one else noticed.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #86
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
...and lets see the sales rate for February. I predict no change from January. 6 million pissed down the drain.
While I've clearly voiced my frustration that Chrysler selected the Charger as their featured vehicle in the Super Bowl, it amazes me that they haven't jacked up the incentives in an effort to induce a spike in sales.

You'd think that Gilles and Diaz would want to be able to brag about a huge spike in sales as a result of the commercial. Hell, my guess is Chrysler's only selling about 1,200 Chargers per month at retail, how much would they have to spend to double their sales?

Sadly, my bet is you're right - there will be no sales increase when Chrysler reports February's sales of the Charger in less than three weeks.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #87
Slo

They can't afford the incentives right now, they just blew 6 mil on the Super Bowl ad....
Slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #88
crowe

Default Here’s the NEXT ad agency for Chrysler?

http://creativity-online.com/work/ma...mmercial/18739

CBS wouldn’t run this ad on the Super Bowl.
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #89
Ralph

I think your assessment is correct crowe, LOL