Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Sales

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default What's up with Cobalt and Chrysler Digital?

I've been hearing that Cobalt will be dropping their support tool for Chrysler Digital at the end of March.

Does anyone know why Cobalt's walking away? Is Cobalt dumping Chrysler or is Chrysler dumping Cobalt?

Isn't Cobalt one of the biggest CRMs supporting car dealers? If the information I have is accurate I'd imagine there are a lot of dealers who are going to have to find a new CRM and then train their Internet staff on the changes.

Is Cobalt walking away a big deal or mostly a non-event?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
conn02

it is a non event, there are lots of CRM's out there with all kinds of tools
conn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn02 View Post
it is a non event, there are lots of CRM's out there with all kinds of tools
Thanks for the update.

Any idea why Cobalt's walking away from Chrysler Digital? I heard there's another CRM, AutoSoft, that apparently isn't cooperating with Chrysler Digital's efforts to capture showroom leads via Chrysler's Engage initiative. Seemed odd to me that a CRM wasn't being responsive to an OEM.

I wonder if the Cobalt/Chrysler Digital divorce is related to Chrysler's Engage initiative or if it's completely unrelated?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
mryan55

I vote non-event. The Chrysler Digital program isn't worth it for ILM vendors who are shrinking and becoming bit players.

There are a few other big names that waited quite a while to get certified. After all, there have been a few less than stellar vendor-Chrysler relationships over the years...
mryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryan55 View Post
I vote non-event. The Chrysler Digital program isn't worth it for ILM vendors who are shrinking and becoming bit players.

There are a few other big names that waited quite a while to get certified. After all, there have been a few less than stellar vendor-Chrysler relationships over the years...
Thanks for the information. It appears Cobalt's decision to drop Chrysler Digital is a non-event. (Or Chrysler Digital's decision to drop Cobalt...)

When I created this thread I had forgotten that Cobalt was bought-out by ADP a few years ago. I would have thought ADP would be eager to have one of their services be endorsed/certified by an OEM.