Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Service

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn02 View Post
They have backed off of requiring it since they can't get it working well for the big 2 (R&R and ADP). lots of issues with ADP and not working at all for R&R, at least not that I have heard.
Thanks for the information. It's good to hear that Chrysler's not forcing the new tool on their dealerships if it's not currently working well with the two major DMS providers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conn02 View Post
More concerned with the $5000 A/C machine (essential tool) we received last week for our Cherokee that hasn't even started production yet!
Wow, I hadn't heard about the $5,000 A/C machine.

That's worthy of a new thread - I'll add a new thread in the Service Sub-forum and maybe someone can explain to me what a $5,000 A/C machine does and why they new 2014 Cherokee requires it....
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
birch3x

We have it, and today find that ADP wants $3,900 per month to integrate into a repair order. We feel like we've been tricked. Anyone else?
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch3x View Post
We have it, and today find that ADP wants $3,900 per month to integrate into a repair order. We feel like we've been tricked. Anyone else?
$3,900 per month - is that figure right or did you mean $3,900 per year?
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
Adpros

Apparently, I was partially wrong. We DO have it. At least the micropod and the extra antenna added to the wiTECH access point. It was added a few months back, (At least the antenna was), and we were all told it was a range booster for wiTECH. A couple guys came back from training at the local STL center and were all thumbs up about the micropod and the performance of it. After some digging, we found the micropod and tried it out. Seems to work well! I am at this point pressing the S/M for more micropods so the techs can try them out a bit and see if they perform any better than a VCI-Pod.

S/M tells me this is all a package and we can't buy more micropods unless we also buy the wiAdvisor package. WHAT A RIP! I'd like to have a few handy for the price since a VCI-Pod is like $850. Same old Same old Chrysler!
Adpros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #20
cbj

Default wiadvisor TU (totally useless)

wiadvisor is great if you are a mega dealer who doesn't take appointments, has an air conditioned drive-thru service lane and has service advisors who worked at The Gap last week. Chrysler Certified service advisors don't need a "crutch". Also, we are an ADP dealer and the system is not compatible with the ADP appointment system. It creates a new appt and you have to delete the real one but not before printing it out and re-loading the cust info. We bought a Windows 8 10" tablet instead of an ipad (half the price), works fine but everything is so small you're constantly expanding & reducing, hard to see even in the shade (we like most small dealers DO NOT have a drive thru inside service lane). As far as the flashes, we only do them when it's symptom based per a TSB for the problem the cust has. Doing them just because wiadvisor sees them can be dangerous...they can kill MPG's and change trans shifting for the worse sometimes. We run a VIP on every car (have to for warranty audits), so we see the RRT's plus ADP brings up recalls anyway even at the appt call. Warranty flashes pay about $20, you would have to do HUNDREDS of them just to pay for this stupid thing. I can't get anyone to admit it at Chrysler, but are they going to change the mandatory requirement and credit us some money? At last count we've spend almost $7500 on it. GGGGRRRRRRR
cbj is offline   Reply With Quote