Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Dealer Talk > Automotive Discussions

Notices

Automotive Discussions Car People talking about the Car Business – This is the place where it happens

Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
atikovi

Default Anybody around Detroit need a car driven to Manheim PA or Baltimore for free?

I sold a car on Ebay and will deliver it to Detroit. Looking for an alternative to a 14 hour Greyhound back to DC. Have D tag of course. Maybe there should be a separate dedicated section in this forum for dealers needing or offering rides?
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
Maybe there should be a separate dedicated section in this forum for dealers needing or offering rides?
That's an interesting thought and I'd be willing to make the addition if the forum had more members or we had more members express an interest in adding this new section.

When the forum was at its peak we had a number of active members from all over the country and a section like you describe would likely have been viable. My only other concern is many members want to keep their user name confidential so they can post on the forum without any fear of OEM retaliation. I'm not sure many members would be willing to reveal their identity for a transportation swap unless they knew and trusted the other member.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
atikovi

Well, I left home 6:30am and got there around 3:30pm. Took a Megabus from Ann Arbor to Pittsburg, then a Greyhound to Frederick MD, then a commuter train to near DC, then a city bus home. In the door at 8am. Less than $65 spent so I can't complain.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote